1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys week this week made me happy and sad smh

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rockj7, Apr 4, 2014.

1. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,244 Messages
    2,669 Likes Received
    Thoroughly enjoyed it. Cowboys all day, baby. Good and bad, win or lose.
  2. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,366 Messages
    489 Likes Received
    I agree with everything said but with one exception, they did get to the Super Bowl two more times after spygate so it's not like they feel off the earth or something.
    tyke1doe likes this.
  3. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,918 Messages
    491 Likes Received
    yes....they did....and I respect the production of that team.....but even our Cowboy team...that lost to the 49ers in the NFC title game in 94....was better than they 2 Pats teams that lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl. Think about this...we actually WON....WON....a Super Bowl with Barry Switzer at head coach....that is how good we were. And that is indicative of the leadership of Aikman, Irvin and Emmit.
  4. Carolina Cowboy

Carolina Cowboy Well-Known Member

591 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    Found myself laughing like a school kid and calling out plays before they were run. Particularly that rainy game in Philthy when Emmitt and the O Line put an absolute beat down on the dirty birds. Also found myself cursing like a mad man at the TV when Gollum Jones showed his "pre-stretch" gnarly-toothed face at the news conference to announce Jimmy's departure. It was SO awesome while it lasted. Those teams had talent to burn and the men to motivate them.
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  5. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member

870 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Tuck started the LUCK of the Pats
    JJB500 likes this.
  6. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,899 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    this]
    casmith07 likes this.
  7. MikeT22

MikeT22 Active Member

412 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    But he did build the Cowboys dynasty. Too bad Jerry ran him off and then proceeded to spend the next 20+ years trying to get the credit for winning which has resulted ironically in us not winning.
  8. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,559 Messages
    734 Likes Received
    I don't see why you would get bashed. The Patriots teams can't compare with the Cowboys of the 90s.
  9. waving monkey

1,899 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    No matter what history is people will believe what justifies their emotions . Jimmy ran himself off and Jerry didn't help matters.
    I realize that's not convenient with your issues. It's the way of the world.
    jazzcat22 likes this.
  10. MikeT22

MikeT22 Active Member

412 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Biggest problem is what Jerry did after Jimmy left. 20 years and he's still running the team into the ground trying to run things his way so he can get the credit.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,394 Messages
    8,295 Likes Received
    I'd just like to point out Jimmy's "no good" in Miami was taking the team into the playoffs and revamping their defense.

Meanwhile Jerry was turning a dynasty into a 5-11 laughing stock until he finally brought in a Hall of Famer to fix it for him.
    jnday, daveferr33 and waving monkey like this.
  12. CooterBrown

CooterBrown Well-Known Member

1,614 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    Well, as far as Cowboys week on ESPN goes, I really enjoyed the "hail Mary game." Back then, I was in the Army at Fort Carson, Colorado. Three NCOs from the great frozen north were huge Viking fans. It was soooooo sweet to win that game!! I hadn't seen anything except the "hail mary" play since then and it was great to watch the whole thing like it was happening all over again! I had forgotten Pat Donovan's "Leon Lett" play on the punt that gave the Vikings their first TD. Without that score, the "hail mary" would not have been necessary. Ah, the memories of the REAL glory years.
    CowboyGil likes this.
  13. waving monkey

1,899 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    fine but please load the mule with just the baggage his supposed to carry
  14. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,412 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    It mostly made me happy. I tried not to think about the future...I did what every fan of other teams accuse us of doing: I just lived in the past for a week. I'm happy I did. There will be enough time to think about the sorry future when the 2014 season starts. :(:(:(
    daveferr33 likes this.
  15. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,637 Messages
    696 Likes Received
    Yeah I always get a kick out of Jimmy 'struggling' in Miami. While they didn't win big he did go to the playoffs 3 of 4 years and won a couple of playoff games.
    cajuncocoa and Risen Star like this.
  16. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,108 Messages
    1,041 Likes Received
    Every single playoff/sb win in 92,93&95 were all by 10 points or more. You'll never see a team dominate like that again and the NFL will do whatever it takes for it to be the case.
  17. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,346 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    The embrace b/t Emmitt and Moose after Emmitt broke the rushing record is still a tear-jerker...
  18. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    That that "struggling" comment is always used by the Jerry defenders with an agenda. I think history shows that Jimmy was the mastermind behind the great teams of the 90s without question, but some posters refuse to admit it.
  19. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,497 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    I'd say the same about the niners, they had Arizona, StL, and another doormat team they walked over easily which went a LONG way to help them ensure homefield every year in the playoffs. I'm not sure we don't win the four in a row if we're at home when we played them in the playoffs. Instead we have to play two recent Super Bowl winners twice a year and an always tough playoff team in Philly.
    German Corner likes this.
  20. waving monkey

1,899 Messages
    690 Likes Received