1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys will be unstoppable on offense IF....

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Parcells4Life, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Parcells4Life

Parcells4Life Active Member

591 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    All these moves have given Romo a half second more to throw. he only needs a half second more than he's had to get the ball to these weapns.
    ehcrossing likes this.
  2. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,463 Messages
    1,117 Likes Received
    If this did not improve an anemic running game, then this did nothing for Romo.
    Duane and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  3. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,754 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    I'd rather see improved run blocking. Romo has proven he can win with lines that force him to buy a little time, but if our backs get stuffed on a consistent basis, there's not much we can do on offense to keep from being one dimensional
  4. whynot

whynot Active Member

108 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure Romo said to JJ back in April that drafting Fred gave him an extra 1/2 second.

Any more 1/2 seconds and he'll be making sandwiches back there!
  5. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

718 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    He'll need a little more than a half a second to show that he is an elite quarterback but if he gets lets say a full second longer than what he averaged last year and the running game produces more than 6 rushing tds and can scare some people that will open up options for play action I think Romo could be viewed as a top 5 quarterback and an MVP candidate this year.
    nake likes this.
  6. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Romo having more time to throw is gonna be huge for the offense especially with our weapons. Now, there's a lot of beef infront of him that is physical with Leary, Fred, and Waters. Romo will be able to step up in the pocket and deliver the rock.
    ehcrossing likes this.
  7. Mansta54

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Romo is already elite in my eyes, he's been doing it with no blocking and zero running game for awhile and that's difficult to do as a QB.
    Everson24 and Kaiser like this.
  8. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,114 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    I'm jacked about this line
    ehcrossing likes this.
  9. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

718 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I'm with you, I'm talking about around the league, getting the respect he deserves, I'm excited for him
  10. Mansta54

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Romo gets respect from real football people, they know he does a lot without a lot. Football is such a team sport, it takes everyone to do their job. Not just Romo! I'm excited for him too.
  11. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,125 Messages
    1,763 Likes Received
    IF

1. We develop a consistent running game
    2. We avoid stupid penalties
    Hook'em#11 and PA Cowboy Fan like this.
  12. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,108 Messages
    734 Likes Received
    Anyone have a penalty count on Waters from 2010 and 2011?

I think we should have a pretty good run game now. Waters and Leary are huge improvements there, not to mention Frederick. Very excited about this line.
  13. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,064 Messages
    2,605 Likes Received
    Championship!!

I've always wanted to do that. :)
  14. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,125 Messages
    1,763 Likes Received
    I agree with you that we can be a very solid OL if waters can remain healthy
  15. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,108 Messages
    734 Likes Received
    That's really all we need. We don't need the best offensive line in football. Just good enough to have a solid running game, and give romo the time to use his weapons.
  16. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

517 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Good point!! You can add everything to this offense and it won't be successful esp. against good defensive coordinators without an effective run game
  17. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

984 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    And he has been doing it without an elite defense. Unlike Staubach and Aikmen. (no disrespect to the former)
  18. d_dub88

d_dub88 Member

89 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    If our D can actually get the turnovers that it has started getting in the preseason this team will be unstoppable. We have to many weapons not to score when we get a short field.
  19. jaybird

jaybird Active Member

619 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Thi
    This! How many times last year the RBs were stuffed before the reached the line of scrimmage? A liiltle more pocket time sure doesn't hurt.
  20. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,252 Messages
    1,167 Likes Received
    IF...

...they can establish the run, then the TOP is going to swing WAY in the team's advantage...I feel that the defense will already cause more opportunities this season with turnovers and keeping the other team in punt formation more frequently, so time of possession is going to be the team's friend this year.....and, the more the offense is on the field, the fresher the defense is going to be...loving it...