1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys won't finalize coaching staff yet

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 21, 2013.

1. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,675 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    dont fool yourself, Jerry will get the last interview and say on the matter.
  2. MaineBoy

MaineBoy Member

426 Messages
    7 Likes Received

That is just so wrong - great spin job though. Jerry will have the last say and anyone who has ever worked in an organization knows that their are "screening" interviews and there is THE interview. Garrett is just sifting through the candidates and when he is done Jerry will make the decision from the finalists.
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,414 Messages
    1,454 Likes Received
    You were right.
  4. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

518 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    He's just weeding out JJ's short list so JJ can make final decision but whatever you think.
  5. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wish I were delusional enough to act as if I know exactly what is going on behind the scenes with the Cowboys. I could then come off as a big doosh too.
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,578 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    :hammer:

I'm getting tired of the holier than thou crap around here.
  7. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,285 Messages
    1,231 Likes Received
    I dont see the hurry and panic that you people are in. Its not like Dallas is looking for a HC. Im starting to think Dallas is leaning towards Callahan. And i like that. I can see Dallas brining in somebody Callahan wants as a OL coach.

Nutt i think is a shoe in. ST coach im sure they're talking with somebody and probably already have them in line but im sure theyre concentrating on SR bowl week at the moment.

And you people want a rebuild, you guys cant even handle hiring new posistion coaches.
  8. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,125 Messages
    749 Likes Received
    Yes he does, but Watkins said he wants his guy that knows his scheme specifically. Take it for what it is, Watkins.
  9. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    :muttley:
  10. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    You got that right.... can you imagine what this place would be like? Lawd have mercy!
  11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,285 Messages
    1,231 Likes Received
    Theres a part in my mind that wishes for this so some of these people could jump ship and go root for another team lol
  12. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    We couldn't get so lucky.... :eek::
  13. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,634 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't. Its good entertainment for me personally, reading some of the posts of the ones that think they really know whats going on with Cowboys.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,028 Messages
    1,589 Likes Received
    Since Jerry is the one who writes the checks I would think any final deal would come with Jerry approval but does not mean Garrett is not getting the guys he wants however.

Let me ask you think other GM around the league have a say in the assistant coaches being brought it since they also manage the team?
  15. Hostile

118,414 Messages
    1,454 Likes Received
    Why bother? Common sense be damned.
  16. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Member

335 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    If Callahan gets to pick an offensive coach, look for Jay Norvell to find his way onto the Cowboys staff :(
  17. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,884 Messages
    5,503 Likes Received
    Common sense tells me that Jerry Jones is the most hands on owner and GM in football. Common sense tells me Jason Garrett didn't decide after the season that what he needed to do was get rid of his brother or float rumors of playcalling taken away from him. Common sense tells me just because a head coach calls an assistant (Ryan) or is interviewing another doesn't make him the driving force behind that action. It makes him part of the process, which nobody ever questioned.

The same common sense I have not to answer the iron when the phone rings tells me Jerry Jones has been large and in charge so far this offseason.
  18. Hostile

118,414 Messages
    1,454 Likes Received
    John has wanted to leave for a year. I wasn't even the tiniest bit shocked at his departure. Good fantasies though. I'll note the iron advice.
  19. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,884 Messages
    5,503 Likes Received
    Well, the wanting to leave for a year thing is a rumor with no confirmation. I don't know that he wanted to leave, I just know Jason Garrett didn't decide to get rid of him.

I find it comical it's so outlandish to think Jerry is in charge. Not only does he tell you that every chance he gets, the moves made make it obvious.

Garrett's in a win or go home situation for 2013. He doesn't have the job security to think long term. So making a defensive scheme switch with a 73 year old coordinator whose been in college for 4 years as well as churning his own blood, wasting time interviewing Jerry stooges like Houston Nutt, and have his own playcalling ability come into question doesn't seem like the kind of plan he would have entering into it. That screams of exactly what the owner tells you. He's in charge. Nothing is decided and acted upon without his say so. He's going to make everyone uncomfortable. Including the head coach.

This is Jerry's show and if Garrett falls in line he gets to have a supporting role for another 12 months.