1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboyszone Fantasy Football?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by EMMITTnROY, May 17, 2006.

1. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,491 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    I know its really really early to be talking about this, but does this site do a fantasy league? I think that it would be cool to organize one.. say the first 12 people that are really serious about it.. but not just limit the fun to those 12 people-- make it something that all of us zoners could keep our eye on and make our predictions and talk smack and pick our favorite team and all that stuff.. I think it would be cool.. Im a fantasy football nut, and I would love to play with a bunch of guys on this board.. I love those leagues that stay active and people talk smack.. thats why i think it would be fun to get the whole board involved, so everyone can be talking smack.. thoughts?
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,121 Messages
    4,319 Likes Received
    smack.

Jerry Jones would win that going away. :laugh2:

smack.
  3. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    here's what we ought to do: 3 12 person leagues. next year, put the top 4 from each in a league, middle in a league, bottom in a league. if people drop out, fill up the top leagues with the highest ranked from the lower leagues. then handle it like english soccer, with the top 2-4 teams moving up ever year, the bottom dropping.
  4. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing

4,080 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I am up for it if cash is involved. Otherwise people just forget to call their lineups in. We tried it last year and it was an abysmal failure.
  5. EMMITTnROY

2,491 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    i like both of these ideas.. and people are more likely to take it seriously if money is involved..
  6. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,931 Messages
    991 Likes Received
  7. ljs44

ljs44 Member

459 Messages
    9 Likes Received
  8. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,176 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    I would play.....
  9. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,328 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Heck I am up for this.
  10. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'd love to be involved but I am in one right now where all my efforts are on beating BDC and some others. BTW, you are going down this year BDC. :D
  11. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You absolutely need to have something riding on the league.

When it's "just for fun" some people check out as soon as their team is down (**cough** Heavy Hitta **cough**).

I even did custom sigs for our league last year whereby the high and low point scorers each week would get a "WINNER" or "LOSER" sig... but by week three, the losers started ignoring the deal.

Ultimately, the league became a joke and a complete waste of time. Unless there was something concrete riding on it, it's just not worth it.

It doesn't need to be cash, if the gambling angle is an issue. Maybe a league could have the rule that the winner at the end of the season gets a Cowboys jersey of his choice from every loser.
  12. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    count me in.
  13. sadams

sadams Well-Known Member

1,202 Messages
    133 Likes Received
  14. jps_tex

jps_tex Member

47 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let me know what is decided. If money is involved, I'm in, but I need to know that the person in charge of the money is reliable.
  15. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am in , but only for money, that way you have motivation to play all year.....
  16. jcblanco22

jcblanco22 Active Member

1,334 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The poster known as The Key ran several last season, but they were of the no cost variety on Yahoo.

By the way, it's not way too early to be talking about it, I believe Yahoo Fantasy opens in about 2 weeks overall.
  17. CFan_53

CFan_53 Member Zone Supporter

41 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I would be interested also
  18. wxcpo

wxcpo Active Member

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was in one by Key last year on Yahoo, I ended up losing the title game in that league.

I agree that if you put money on the line and charge people a certain amount to sigh up then they tend to stay a little more active. You can't just have prozes though for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, there has to be some sort of incentive for teasm even if they are having lousy seasons. You could also throw up a overall points prize and the highest one week score. I'm in a pretty serious, very competitve league and it took about 2 seasons to weed out the guys who gave up when their teams got down, but we've had the same group of guys for a couple fo seaosns and the trash talking is one of the best parts of the league.

You can definitely count me in for any league involving this site's members.
  19. EMMITTnROY

2,491 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    good, good, good.. it looks like there are some people serious about this that want to play.. lets figure this thing out then..
  20. jcblanco22

jcblanco22 Active Member

1,334 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know. :D :D :D :D ;)