1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

CowboysZone Server Maintenance Completed

Discussion in 'CZ Announcement Zone' started by Reality, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,414 Messages
    1,454 Likes Received
    The sad thing is, I can never talk him into doing these devious things to anyone. He keeps threatening to turn only my browser into a 24/7 Christmas theme. I dread every day that he will follow through on his joke.
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Sounds more like a promise than a joke :laugh1:
  3. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,558 Messages
    407 Likes Received
    Can you quantify that for us, perhaps in "Garrett-sux-posts-per-minute"?
  4. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,514 Messages
    946 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

What I need to do is create a system where each negative post adds an additional one second delay between posting times. :D So posting 30 negative posts would lead to an additional 30 second delay between new posts. And of course to balance that out, every positive Cowboys post would reduce the posting delay by one second. :D

Of course by saying this, every time a negative nancy's internet connection slows down, the conspiracy theories will run rampant .. though .. *laughs* .. at a slower rate :D :D

#reality
  5. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Yeah but who gets to determine bad posts and why has my browser slowed down so much? :confused:
  6. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,514 Messages
    946 Likes Received
    *looks around innocently* I have no idea what you are referring to but I am sure WoodysGirl is involved.

#reality
  7. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I think we need a poll.....sorry Juke :laugh1:
  8. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,221 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Spot on. This site is fantastically good. The only issues anyone has are with the posters themselves, and that's the nature of the beast. No spam, no bots, no garbage.

I know what it takes to run a site of this magnitude at a high level and I know what a labor of love it is. My contribution is probably only good for about a half day's bandwidth, but better than nothing.

I'd love to see Reality do an Off Topic "Behind the Curtain" look at the stack that makes up the website that I can't live without. I do understand why eh would be reluctant to do so on a number of levels though.