1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboyz Zone II league is a joke of a league...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by jcollins28, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,147 Messages
    515 Likes Received
    DK, Your supposed to improve your team when you cheat :p:
  2. Mattsdad

Mattsdad Member Zone Supporter

593 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Hello Gents...my name is Mark and I am the team owner of Football Gladiators. Sorry to see this issue is causing some hardship; I have been in the FF leagues here at Cowboy Zone for the past two years and have had some really great fun (outside winning both years ;) )

On to the matters; yes, i did indeed veto the trade as I thougth it rather wierd and somewhat unbalanced. I was also surprised as it occured with the league Commish and the rules came across to be changing to his benefit.......which probably could have been done very innocently, but as the Commish it just looked 'funny'........I brushed it off and am ready to move onward myself.....other owners may not be so ready to do so, but I cannot speak for them.

What I would like though, is at least a 1-day or 3-day veto (lets keep our league fair and honest) as well as a No Drop per Yahoo Guidelines of various players. I thought I saw the No Drop changed tonight. Without a NO DROP on certain players I am fearful that others may have a garage sale with a tanked season and totally ruin the league and competitive spirit of it. I also dont agree with changing the Waiver period from 7 days to 1 day; why was thing done? I have never seen a league with this; while 7 days is extreme, 3 or 4 days is I believe the norm.

Good Luck to All.
  3. Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy Woohitz

268 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm really disappointed to be reading a thread like this. It doesn't look good for the board, especially when its named after the Cowboys Zone. DargonKing asked to run one of the leagues, said he had plenty of experience and I needed the help, since I was running 2 other CZ leagues, plus my own local and not to mention some others i play in. In my opinion, once the integrity of the league has been questioned..Its already ruined. I would HIGHLY recommend deleting this league. Dargon, the rules were setup to be "uniform" across all leagues. I believe if the owners voted against your lobsided trade, then you follow the rules. I've been hearing about your kind of trades for alittle while now. In fact, I received a proposal between you and Thepieman owner in CZFFL III. I'm embarrassed to even name the proposed players, but needless to say I Declined it. Listen, these leagues are suppose to be fun...but fair. I have nothing at stake here. This is not a money league, so i'm not going to waste alot of effort on this but I will not allow this kind of nonsense in CZFFL I or III.

BB
  4. Mattsdad

Mattsdad Member Zone Supporter

593 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Agreed. If a new league is OK'd, I would volunteer to be the Commish, as long as you set up the league parameters for me consistent with other Cowboyz Zone leagues.

Mark.

Man, I had a good team though :)
  5. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,116 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    If I knew about the trade I would have vetoed it as well...Its a very very stupid trade on dargon's part.
  6. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,116 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I do have to say, dargon, it doesn't seem like your up to running the league. I might sound bitter, but it sucks when you got screwed out of drafting.
  7. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received

THANK YOU! There was another issue that came up with this league on draft day. For some reason the draft time was changed hours before the league draft. When I got home and was ready to draft my team to my dismay I found out the draft time had been changed and I missed the draft. There was no explanation givin on why the draft time was moved by a few hours and I wonder how many other owners missed the draft as well?
  8. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,116 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Right here, I didn't find out about the comish change until that morning when I asked woohitz, and I immediatly pmed dargonking to verify the time change...I got no response.
  9. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,806 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Of course my internet has been down latley but now that 'imback here i go,

I'm sorry for the things i did in this league, i made two big mistakes.

I't s too late now to go on explaing and make excuses and what not. I am ready to move on with the league the ruels are fair they are in place and i will do nothing but be a manger,sorry for losing my mind.
  10. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    O.k then you need to take care of this;

8/13 Trade Reject Time changed from '7 days' to '1 day'
    8/10 Can't Cut List changed from 'Yahoo! Sports' to 'None'
    8/10 Waiver Time changed from '7 days' to '1 day'
    8/10 Trade End Date changed from '2005-11-18' to 'No trade deadline'
    8/10 Trade Reject Time changed from 'No Protests' to '7 days'

Those rules are not par for Cowboyszone leagues so please fix it.

Thanks,

Jason
  11. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,806 Messages
    172 Likes Received

i thought you wanted the one day trade reject time
  12. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received

Yeah sorry that is fine was talking about the other stuff like no cant cut list and things like that.
  13. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,806 Messages
    172 Likes Received

well its a two is better anyways
  14. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Considering the draft change and several owners missing the draft and the weird trades. I think it would be best to follow WOOHITZ directions and delete this league so we can start fresh. We still have lots of time to get a new draft in. Sorry dargon but considering what has happened already I just do not trust that once we get into the middle of the season that something strange will not happen again.
  15. NorthDalal

NorthDalal Member

621 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Leagues that allow votes on trades or even the negating of trades are always going to spiral into argument.
    I can only assume you guys are playing for free and have an inexperienced commish.

My league is completely different and yes I am the commisioner and we do have a rules lunch Sept. 1 at Two Rows Addison, (TX) and we will agree on the rules changes for the new yr. and then.... they will not change. Decisions of the commish are final and he must recuse himself on matters effecting his team in favor of the asst. Commissioner/ Treasurer.There were no controversies last year.This is a money league-it makes all the difference in diminshing collusion and unfair transactions.
    This is my 4th year. and we have members with more yrs.

We are probably open to add one team this week. email alsamara@hotmail.com for info.
  16. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I actually think it was a fairly fair trade for both he got vick and boldin I got manning and some no name receiver for the niners who I'm trying to move. and actually DK accidently canceled his own trade the first time and it was just redone no one voted it down that I know of. I'm not the commish of the league and don't know who is but to call us out like that is just wrong. as a matter of fact I wasn't even present when the draft went down I set my order before hand and I didn't have vick on it at all I guess when that pick came up the cpu gave me the best rated player left. are you in the league? I hope so because now beating someone there will be just a little sweeter.....
  17. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok now that I've got past the first post and read the entire thread I see DK is the comish which I honestly had no Idea.

Second My team is loaded what are you talking about. look at my receivers I gave up boldin which is an improvement for DK to get manning. but I still have Harrison and Larry Fitzgerald who will have a great year. add todd Heap at TE and C williams at RB with Jones and Lee evans in Buffalo. I actually think I have great WR's and good RB's then throw in baltimore's and Dallas's D and I think I win this league.
  18. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am also in this league. This is the reason that I did not veto this trade. The trade was idiotic, but I thought it severely weakened one of my leagues best teams and strengthened one of the worst.
  19. Panhandler

Panhandler New Member

15 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    guys, You don't change the rules after a league is set up -- so you can make a trade. Bad taste..........
  20. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I tried to tell you before the draft via PM and now look. You had the evidence and let it slide....Dargon ****s up another league with schoolmates or multiple teams...whichever....it makes thezone look bad for a jackarse like this to have any authority over a league. He's a maroon and you knew it....at least I tried to warn you.