1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Video: Cowher on Jerry Jones & Cowboys

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Dec 15, 2013.

1. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Jerry better throw the house at an offensive college coach.
  2. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Not all of us...

Curious what the dialogue is like on the secret superfan message board right now...
  3. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,043 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    and *THAT* is why coach Cowher and any other coach with self-respect will *NOT* go to Dallas. The only guys that WANT to coach in Dallas are guys that are SO desperate for a head coaching job that they think they can accept and handle Jerry' s meddling.
  4. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Common sense really. In what world does the owner hire assistants before hiring the executive??
  5. ohiocowboysfan25

ohiocowboysfan25 Active Member

414 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I think that's Adam Schein and he does not like the cowboys at all. I think he's a NY media guy so you know how that goes also. He use to be on sirius nfl radio and i'd turn it off most days because his voice just annoyed me most of the time.
  6. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,741 Messages
    1,951 Likes Received
    There's still a piggly wiggly?
  7. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,237 Messages
    1,717 Likes Received
    Anyone else hear Troy awkwardly imply that Jerry was calling the shots on the field in regards to forcing Kiffin to blitz? He tried to walk it back, but then Buck jumped in calling Jerry "Defensive Coordinator Jones."
  8. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    What bugs me about this is it gives Garrett an out. For all the Red lovers who say he has more input than people think.,..you can't make excuses now. If he has any power than he is helping the offense. Heck, he took back over. It goes through him. I couldn't stand Kubiak in Houston but he never threw the QB under the bus despite being a bad coach overall. Garrett wasn't afraid to throw Romo under the bus. The Teflon Red act is ridiculous. He is the coach and despite Cowher saying many true things, Red runs the team gametime and is outcoached often.
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Duh. Jerry said it in the post game last week.

Blitz or else.

We came out running zone blitzes and sending scandrick right from the start.

This is not hard to understand. Jerry is the guy in charge.

In a few weeks Zimmer will take Garrett's place. He will be an angry alter ego version of Garrett, but still be a pushover. What's that Jerry you traded the whole draft for a wr....well ok...umm...thanks for the 3 million dollar salary no one else will give me.....go get em Jerry.
  10. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,017 Messages
    1,903 Likes Received
    We aren't America's team anymore. America's Punchline.
    Fritsch_the_cat likes this.
  11. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Yep.

The whole country is loving watching what happened today.

And the number one reason? The jones family. I don't even think people dislike romo, they just love that they have a guy to blame all if Jerry's mistakes on.

It's frigging shame.
    ohiocowboysfan25 likes this.
  12. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,554 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    Yep. We are headed in an era of this is Jerry's last chance and he knows it. He hates the future in from of him and he reacts to it. He is going to have to rebuild around a new core and a new qb sooner than later and he knows it. It's coming in at least three years if not sooner. Any self respecting coach that wants to actually be a coach will not consider the Cowboys. Only puppets and push overs. He makes decisions from a panic state which is why we went with an outdated coordinator playing an outdated scheme with players that are not fit for it. This is Jerry's reality but his ego gets in his way.
    ohiocowboysfan25 likes this.
  13. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,487 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    And that woman can barely form a sentence...
    wileedog likes this.
  14. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,147 Messages
    1,857 Likes Received
    We're headed down the Al Davis route.

Towards the end, he couldn't get real head coaches either.
  15. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,237 Messages
    1,717 Likes Received
    Is Tom Cable available?
  16. SJRTX

SJRTX Active Member

100 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Yup.... The only exception since the Jimmy era is just one man. And he took off as soon as Jerry started being Jerry. So we either stuck with guys that no one else wants, or strike gold with an up and comer, as long as Jerry is willing to let him do his job.

So essentially, were screwed lol
    EPL0c0 likes this.
  17. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,554 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    I think we are already there tbh.
    jcollins28 likes this.
  18. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,147 Messages
    1,857 Likes Received
    Yep...

:oops:
  19. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

267 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Yeah I cant stand to listen to him either.
    Besides his annoying voice, nobody taught him how to pronounce the letter T. You can only listen talk about Pey un Manning so many times before its time to change the channel.