1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Cowlishaw Blog: Tale of two bellmen

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 11, 2008.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,826 Messages
    14,581 Likes Received
    8:00 AM Mon, Aug 11, 2008 | Permalink
    Tim Cowlishaw E-mail News tips

One of the wonderful things about making frequent appearances on ESPN is the random recognition factor that you get. When I pulled the rental car into the loop in front of the La Jolla Marriott, a bellman-valet parker opened the door and said, "Mr. Cowlishaw, so great to have you here, let me know if you need anything during your stay.''

When I came back down to the lobby Friday night to get the car to go to dinner, I was looking at the Cowboys' fans gathered out front when the world's greatest bellman rushed in.

"Mr. Cowlishaw, are you looking for a different way to get out of the hotel?''

No, I really wasn't worried about getting mobbed by fans. I told him I was just waiting for my car.

Minutes later, another bellman came over. "Are you staying at the hotel?'' he asked. I told him yes, figuring he was about to hit me with some Cowboys or "Around the Horn'' questions.

Instead, he said, "Can I see a key?''

Not everyone is a fan.

Comments (0) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | E-mail entry