1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: Cowlishaw With Brad Biggs Chi Trib On Melton

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TwoDeep3, Mar 19, 2014.

1. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,251 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    The problem is, The Bears are trying to use this hybrid 3-4/4-3 Defense. I don't think it is going to work. Also, their new GM seems to do well with FA but does not know how to draft.
  2. CashMan

1,251 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    But then again, how often do you hear owners go after a player in the media? Ratliff might of been dogging it, but Jerry has a tendency to pay people prematurely. Remember, when Ellis was "hurt" Jerry met with him, paid him some money, then Ellis had like 10sacks in 8-10 games that one year?
  3. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,810 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    That's my stance on the Brandon Carr and Claiborne picks and its astonishing to me that people choose those moves to show how incompetent Jerry is......WE and the worst secondary in the league. Instead of ignoring it they went out and got the best corner on the market and the best corner in the draft. If it doesn't work fine. That's life. You do things that you intend on working but they don't. But no one can convince me that the moves were bad. They were the RIGHT moves as is signing Henry Melton. It might not work. Sure. But you have to try.
    cml750, Fletch and car351 like this.
  4. rocyaice

5,810 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    I won't fault Jerry for the Ratliff signing. Ratliff was incredibly underpaid and Jerry tried to reward him and it backfired because Jeremiah became a child.
  5. CashMan

1,251 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Ratliff had like 2-3yrs left on his contract when Jerry resigned him.
  6. rocyaice

5,810 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    I know.......he re-signed him to a deal to make Ratliff happy. He shouldn't have done it but it was his generosity getting the best of him and Ratliff took advantage.
  7. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,169 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received
    Dallas' only shot at Donald is to trade up because Chicago will take him. Now it comes down to how much like they like Jernigan or Ford.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,228 Messages
    2,799 Likes Received
    We'll find out soon enough. But I don't do it and hope Jerry doesn't either.
  9. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

19,965 Messages
    607 Likes Received
    Jerry's been burned (at least) twice trying to keep guys happy. TO is the other one.
  10. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,605 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    Tank was a 4-3 DT trying to play 3-4 DE. He then went to Cincy in the 4-3 and looked pretty good.

Scheme matters.

YR