1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Crayton Upgraded to Questionable

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Tuna Helper, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Benched

2,051 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No link yet...just saw it on Dallascowboys.com under Nick Eatman's daily report.

It would be a huge lift if he could play.
  2. Bcburns

Bcburns Member

125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The offense has not looked nearly as impressive without him. The player is clutch.
  3. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,862 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    He would make a huge difference.
  4. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,283 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    Clutch Man Crayton.

Boy do we need you ! :)
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,858 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    Not going to happen until the Giants game or at least that is what has been said.
  6. flashback

flashback Real Man of Genius

707 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The team gets 10 days off after the Donkeys. Unless Pat is absolutely, positively 100% on Thursday am, they'll take their chances with Price. But I'm with you guys, I can't way to see #84 out there again.
  7. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well it's speculated that Denver aims to bring the house on defense, meaning they'll crowd the box often going to cover-1 on the wideouts. Our best defense against that is to line up at times in 4 WR sets with an empty backfield. I think we'll do that sparingly, but when we do go to it I have a felling we'll see Crayton lining up on the field with Key, Glenn and Price. This formation will also ensure that Crayton is never double-teamed, thus increasing his chances of being more effective when he comes in the game.

AF
  8. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,291 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I like Crayton, but the real reason the Offense hasn't looked as sharp is Flozell's injury and the lack of protection of Drew since.
  9. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ithink it's a combination of losing both players. So getting Crayto back would be a good shot in the arm for this offense.

AF
  10. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Benched

2,051 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Your point is valid, but having Crayton back can only help, even if nothing more than punt returns. He was good at catching the short passes to move the chains (minus the end of the Washington game). However, going back to your point...given our current max protection alignment on offense, I am not sure that Crayton would even play since he would be the 3rd WR (we normally go 2 wides on max protection).

I have not been happy with Key and Glenn on 3rd down passes the last couple of weeks. Key and Glenn seem to be more effective on 1st and 2nd down. Witten is money on 3rd and 5-10, but he has been relegated to blocking duties due to our o-line problems. I saw a stat on Bledsoe's rating by down, and his 3rd down rating has dropped quite a bit recently. Crayton would help in that department...that is if our o-line would step it up and earn BP's confidence such that he would play 3 wides regularly.
  11. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,222 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    This is great news. He's been money out there this season.

On a side note...The T.O. news seems to have been quiet lately. ?
  12. followthestar

followthestar Active Member

2,083 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Is it just me, or has Witten actually dropped a few balls lately?
  13. rynochop

2,222 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    I can't think of really any blatant drops. He had that one off the finger tips, one handed last game...can't really call that a drop.
  14. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,418 Messages
    711 Likes Received
    He dropped one against the Eagles I believe .. it was an out pass that he has run and caught just about every single time but this time it hit him in the hands and he dropped it. That is the only real drop (meaning one that did not involve a defensive player causing him to drop it) I've seen from him this season which to me is very good.
  15. rynochop

2,222 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    I remember that one. Cut him. :D
  16. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,366 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It would be great to have Crayton back...if for nothing else, for those crucial tweener 3rd down plays.
  17. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Benched

2,051 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He dropped one against the Lions that would have gone for a TD with no defenders near him. The Lions had a "phantom" pass rush on that play when they jumped offsides, but the refs didn't call it. I think the refs were just in disbelief over the fact that the Lions were offsides on almost every play.
  18. rynochop

2,222 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    I put that one on Drew. Maybe i saw something different....Looked way over his head, and would have been a one handed catch.
  19. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,577 Messages
    67 Likes Received

That ball was well-overthrown.
  20. wsmith_1972

wsmith_1972 New Member

381 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you'll see him in spot duty in the Giants game...look for a full time Crayton in the KC game.