1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Crennel Steps Down As Chiefs Defensive Coordinator

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by viman96, Nov 5, 2012.

1. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,291 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Chiefs made another round of sweeping changes Monday in an attempt to lift themselves out of a season-long funk.

Coach Romeo Crennel sacked himself as defensive coordinator, and plans to spend more time with the team's inept offense, while cornerback Stanford Routt was waived and defensive tackle Shaun Smith was signed.

Crennel had been juggling head coaching and coordinator duties since taking over on an interim basis when Todd Haley was fired last December. Gary Gibbs will take over as defensive coordinator.

"We have a young team, you know? And some guys, their perception, all right, may be that I'm a defensive coach, or a defensive coordinator, and I don't care about other parts of the team, which is not true," Crennel said Monday. "They will see I'm concerned about the whole team."

Article
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,457 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    Romeo Crennel's a guy that I've always admired. Seems like a genuine, good guy and players love him.

Hopefully they work it out in KC. I want to see him succeed...but they've gotta get that man a Quarterback.
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,416 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    A HC stepping down as coordinator and play caller when they know they are doing a bad job, I wish we had a head coach like that
  4. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,414 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
  5. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Its really too bad. If the Cowboys somewhow manage to win a SB in this era they frankly do not deserve it.
  6. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,414 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    lol, wow. just wow.....
  7. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,415 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    I'm a huge Sooners fan and got to see a large dose of Gary Gibbs as OU's coach after Switzer left OU. Gibbs is probably a great football mind, but he is too much like Garrett.... he has the personality of a shrew, and very little fire or emotion. He is the anti-Rob Ryan.