1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cricket Sucks

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Hostile, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    I post this mainly to appease uptight soccer fans.

It is an utterly stupid and snobbish sport. I mean how stuck up do you have to be to calls your rules "Laws?" That's what they call them though, "the laws of cricket." Their stupid "laws" even have a copyright. Uh, no one wants to steal them idiots.

These matches can go on for days. How stupid is that? By doing that they basically reduce their potential fanbase to fanatics and family. How many people can possibly give up 5 days to watch this "sport?"

Don't get me wrong their players are certainly skilled, but who the hell cares?

The action takes place in the middle of the field in an area called the "pitch." Now if you know baseball or have seen a cricket snippet you might think this because one team is on defense and pitches the ball. You would be wrong. They "bowl" the ball.

I'd continue to explain this nonsense to you, but the truth is it sucks so much that it sickens me. We needed a cricket sucks thread. I hope you enjoy it.
  2. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,938 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    Maybe you meant Deon " Cricket " Anderson. You are in rare form today.
  3. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Cricket is awesome. Only those who have a very narrow mindset wouldn't appreciate a beautiful sport like it.

:leave:
  4. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Another remnant of Western colonialism, not unlike another sport ...
  5. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    Who wants to root for a sport named after an annoying chirping bug? I step on crickets.
  6. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,435 Messages
    1,939 Likes Received
    [IMG]

"When you wish upon a Star, makes no difference who you *SQUISH*!
  7. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,938 Messages
    447 Likes Received
  8. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    For someone who tells others to toughen up regularly, you sure do have your uber-sensitive moments.
  9. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    I guess you miss the dripping sarcasm of this entire thread.
  10. UKCowboysFan

UKCowboysFan Member

449 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Cricket is great.

Any sport where you can sit in the sun for five days drinking beer gets my vote. :D
  11. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If you dislike baseball, you'll loathe cricket.
  12. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :popcorn:
  13. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    No I got the sarcasm. But it comes off as something a whiny 8 year old would do.
  14. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lordy. You sure do take these soccer digs personally.
  15. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    The difference is that cricket really is pretty bad though.

It remains, however, one of the few sports where a national team's coach can be murdered by thugs in his home country for failing to bring home the trophy, so it's pretty gangsta :laugh1:
  16. BehindEnemyLinez

BehindEnemyLinez Optimist Prime

2,234 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Crickets suck! I hate when they get into my basement and chirp all damn ni...OH SNAP, you're talking about the game where fools dress in all white and...I don't know what else they do, I don't know a damn thing about the "sport"!! :p:
  17. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    If you hate Cricket, never go to India. It's on every television station. Sachin Tendulkar is like their (pre scandal) Tiger Woods, Peyton Manning and Michael Jordan all rolled into one. His face is plastered on every mobile phone commercial and every bag of chips. When India faces Pakistan its probably the most intense rivaly in all of sports.

I've been all around the world and watched every native sport. Even if I don't become a fan, generally I can find an aspect of each sport I can generally grow to appreciate. I couldn't do it with cricket. It is interesting to me though why one english colonial territory picks up one sport like cricket and not soccer, but my guess is India is just too friggin hot to run around for 90 minutes continuously.
  18. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,958 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    There are 3 gas stations/convenience stores that I stop in regularly. Each one is run by guys from India. Nice fellows. Every time I am in there the television has a cricket match showing.
  19. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    This isn't really a dig at soccer so much as it is a dig at me. I guess I got him too riled up in the 8 goals thread.
  20. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    8 year olds got nothing on me when I am on a rant.