1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Culliver wouldn't accept gay teammate

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by dez_for_prez, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    He won't have to. The 49ers have already said that his comments in no way reflect the organization's stance at all and that they have addressed this issue with him.
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Umm, that his opinion would be respected just as the ones on the other side expect.
  3. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    No, he doesn't. And you need to quite telling people to shut their mouths.
  4. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I've never seen so much wrong in a post than this one. SMH.
  5. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Care to share the comment that was "insulting" to someone?

And who are you to decide what comments are to be tolerated?
  6. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,284 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    This is what he said: “No, we don’t got no gay people on the team. They gotta get up out of here if they do.”

That sounds remarkably as if he's trying to force gay people off the team; consequently, I can certainly understand the backlash.
  7. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I have no issue with that. He obviously would feel uncomfortable showering with a gay guy. So why should he be subjected to it?

BTW, he's already been forced to apologize by the 49ers and more than likely the league. So much for freedom of speech.
  8. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    everybody deserves respect reguatdless of sexual preference, political views, race, gender, ect.

and when you make comments like this "We ain't got no gay people on the team. They gotta get up out here if they do. Can't be with that sweet stuff. ... Nah, can't be ... in the locker room, man"

then you are doing more than expressing an opinion, you are insulting others for no reason, being disrespectfull and hatefull. why anyone would even want to defend this is beyond me.
  9. Manwiththeplan

5,192 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    I just posted some of his words, you're a smart enough man to see what's insulting, degrading, ect.
  10. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Because not everyone buys into the media created narrative about gays. Also, he has a right to say what he wants. God knows there is enough bashing of religious people without anyone saying anything.
  11. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,284 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    So take your shower when the openly gay person isn't showering.

And this has nothing to do with free speech. He was speaking as an employee of the 49er organization; ergo, they have the right to police their own speech...much like this board has the right to ban posters.
  12. Manwiththeplan

5,192 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    o yea, the two wrongs make a right argument, damn walked right into that one
  13. Tricked

Tricked Fascinated

660 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've never seen a post that added less to a thread than this one :laugh1:

Way to go, just going through saying everyones posts are stupid, and not commenting on the issue.
  14. Tricked

Tricked Fascinated

660 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Everyone has the right to free speech

Case and point

[IMG]

She used hers, what are your thoughts on it? Oh yeah, BTW she was on the job and got fired for her actions
  15. Manwiththeplan

5,192 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    i would love to see a response to this.....but i doubt i will
  16. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,978 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    Yes, his response was very unprofessional. That's the best word I can use to sum it up.
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,135 Messages
    7,850 Likes Received
    The guy's got a right to be publicly close minded if he really wants to. If he were my teammate, I'd have a bigger issue with him being a neanderthal than I would with him being gay. Its hard enough to win football games without having to play alongside someone who clearly believe someone's sexuality is grounds for alienating a potential teammate.
  18. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I wonder who's jersey those two guys are wearing...
    [IMG]
  19. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    lol.....wow
  20. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...the player is not media savy enough to know a hot topic when it bashes him in the head.

The best way to handle a hot topic is to mumble through it without saying anything of personal opinion.

Like everyone else he has the right to open his mouth and place his foot into it.

I would have expected the 49ers media rep to have at least talked to the players about some of the hot topics that could come up and coach them through a response that wouldn't result in a negative backlash.

Don't comment on fellow teammates support of gay marriage. Just say he is a great football player.

Don't comment on Ray Lewis and Deer Antler spray. Some of these are common sense to me, and important given the media storm that is the Superbowl.