1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cut Austin, Sign Jennings

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by crashintonickdm, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,604 Messages
    733 Likes Received
    Lol.

Some of these people just see the name.

GB can keep Jennings and his old spice.
  2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,807 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    We have Dez and Witten. Harris is coming along nicely. Beasley has Romo's trust. Give Coales and that Armstrong guy a chance to show something.

All we need to do with Austin is put him in an offseason stretch program, where he does lots of yoga, tai chi, and rolf massage therapy. Also, he needs to restructure his deal to free up some much needed dollars. I feel if he does this, he will be ready to have a very nice 2013 for us.

I don't understand the love for Jennings. He is injury prone as well. Why rid ourselves of one training table player just to have his replacement be another.
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Naa keep Miles Austin at a reduced salary...
  4. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,766 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Not big on Greg or Miles. If we can keep Miles on the cheap that would be ideal, but I would prefer to see Harris getting more snaps.
  5. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,213 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Keep Austin, fix line
  6. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Friendly word of advice. Read carefully before letting your fingers near the keyboard.
  7. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    The Oline is the most important at this point.
  8. LongSnapper

LongSnapper Member

747 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I disagree with you to run a 4-3 right you need DL and a lot of it. You need guys that are some bad mo fo's. How are you gonna be championship caliber with just 3 or 4 guys that are worth a darn. You need at least 6 preferably 7 guys. This team doesn't have that. Your going from a scheme that emphasizes one position from another.
  9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Keep Austin and let the younger guys continue to develop and possibly challenge for his spot. If Harris improves as much this offseason, I think he's solidly the #3 and at that point I'd put Austin on notice.

I think he's far too comfortable and seeing him have to sit out the 2nd half one week only to start the next without the slightest bit of hitch in his stride is pretty maddening.

Seeing him sit on the sidelines for whatever reason but be able to make an appearance in a pinch when the guys behind him are actually hurt is even more maddening.
  10. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Do we still have A Armstrong? Doesn't he have enough speed and good enough hands to be a deep threat, at least in a supporting role with Dez and Harris?
  11. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,449 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    I believe Armstrong was part of the 8 or 9 guys the Cowboys signed recently not long after the last game against the deadskins.
  12. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Have you followed Jennings the last 3 years. He has averaged less games played than Austin.

He will also come at a very steap price. This team is also 18 million over the cap going into next year.

So replace an overpaid, injury prone receiver with an older, overpriced, injury plagued receiver and take the cap hit on both receivers?

I am all for cutting Austin if the cap hit isnt too bad. But to replace him, I would play the young kids that have shown they can play. I would also attemp to resign the receiver from last year we let go in FA. He signed a big contract and hasnt done anything for jacksonville. I think he will be cut. He would come cheap.
  13. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,577 Messages
    2,454 Likes Received
    Cole got less than a reception a game. Romo threw him some passes but he did so with Bennett too. Is there a quote I missed or something?
  14. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,489 Messages
    193 Likes Received

GB=Green Bay

And he is talking about Greg Jennings, not Mike Jenkins.
  15. kelc

kelc Member

122 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Its amazing to me to see fans still wanting to go after a WR,you have to be kidding. OL,DL, safety.
  16. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,298 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    How about we just cut/ trade Miles and give Dwayne Harris the chance to be the number 2 receiver and let Coale and Beasley battle for the slot in the off-season?
  17. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    I would try to trade Austin ...if no bites...cut him.

Spend that extra money elsewhere.

Safety, OL, DL, backup QB...
  18. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    How would you replace Austin's production?
  19. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,406 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Replacing Witten production would be more concerning.

Your young guys are not as bad as some think. Austin came to light in the same way. He was nothing...then the #1 guy. Now the #3 guy.
  20. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

1,176 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    This. I would love to see Wallace in Dallas. But, I'd rather see us shore up the OL first.