1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cut for Football Begins

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,829 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    the off-season laziness ended like 2 weeks ago started 174 down to 163. will post updates weekly, if anyone wants to know how to lose weight like R2A ask me. Im also pro at gaining 35 pounds of fat from novemeber - Feb if anyone wants to know that too.
  2. DMOB

DMOB Member

476 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    What position are you trying out for, quarterback correct?
  3. Cowboy Brian

11,829 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    if I lose the competition for QB im hoping to WR since Ill be able to start easier than I gain weight(aka eat everything in site and drink more 12 cokes a day<<< mom gets mad when I do that)

Heres my Cut diet ( ive been following for two weeks excluding Easter):
    Breakfast
    [IMG]

Lunch:
    Hamburger with Lettuce Tomato, no may/ketchup any of that crap

Dinner:
    Eggplant with little bit of cheese or Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Drinks:
    Water.

Workout:
    Full Body Monday, Wednesday, Friday
    Cardio/Abs Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday.

I lose on average 5 pounds a week while doing it (been following same scheme for like 3 years) and in like 4 weeks im done and I eat average for a few months until football kicks in than I just pigout but with all the work involved with Football I stay around level weight.
  4. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You should make it has the waterboy.

[IMG]
  5. Cowboy Brian

11,829 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    my brother watched that movie two days ago and told me to watch it and I told him to explain to me in detail why Eli Manning sucks and I will watch it and he said "**** you", is the movie good and worth checking out?
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It depends. It's an amusing movie if you like Adam Sandler's movies.
  7. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

2,957 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Bad diet. You're losing muscle mass too.
  8. Cowboy Brian

11,829 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    I actually dont lose much muscle, like my bench max is 185 before starting and after it will be around 170, I dont lose much on any lifts.
  9. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

2,957 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Keep it up and you will. When most people are cutting, they'll up their protein intake will reducing everything else to preserve muscle. Once you start under-eating you'll start eating yourself. 5lbs a week is way too much.
  10. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,358 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    What'd you eat that morning, the pretty eggs from your basket and the ears off the chocolate bunny from grandma?
  11. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Harrassing a 16 year old. That's pretty sad. Even for you, DC.
  12. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,358 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    I'm an equal opportunity hater. Besides, life's tough! Sooner they wise-up, better they'll be in the long run. Shame you didn't have a mentor.
  13. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I did. He was cast down from Heaven.
  14. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,350 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    id give my honest thoughts if i thought there was a chance on this earth you would listen.
  15. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,817 Messages
    701 Likes Received
    This is really not a great way to go about your cutting or your diet or anything. Losing 5 pounds a week like that routinely isn't safe. Nor is the yo yo of your up and down weight thing you've had going on for a few years. It's hard on your body to constantly pick up 25-35 pounds and then have to lose it all again.

And yes you're eating into your muscle when you eat that little, especially that little protein, in your cut phase. You might think that 185 down to 170 doesn't sound like much but that's a pretty significant loss in strength. You've lost 15 pounds off your stuff in that short a time. It's not a good way to go about this.

But you're a kid whose proven you won't listen on anything so I'm sure this all doesn't matter to you anyway.
  16. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,841 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    I'd go with a Clif Builder's Bar for breakfast, followed by a snack of cottage cheese and fruit, followed by lunch with a salad with some chicken or turkey on it, followed by a snack of cashews/pistachios, and then dinner with a meat like fish or chicken and a vegetable side.

You need a lot more protein. I'd also take a multivitamin and drink tons of water.
  17. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's a 10% decrease, that's pretty significant. I know you'd be thrilled to move up 15lbs in your max, so you should be equally upset when you drop 15lbs in a one time lift.

Also, there's no excuse to gain 35lbs of fat in the off-season. Seriously, you're much better staying fit year round, especially if you want to improve athletically.
  18. Cowboy Brian

11,829 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    Minus Football, and engage eating insane amounts of food on Sundays and Mondays while watching Football and gaining weight is inevitable.

I see alot of people have mentioned that im not getting enough protein, should I add in a protein shake everyday?
  19. Cowboy Brian

11,829 Messages
    284 Likes Received
    I take fishoil, Creatine, and drink insane amounts of water.
  20. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

2,957 Messages
    387 Likes Received
    Protein intake should be at least 1 gram per pound to preserve muscle mass. You're cutting. You might want to do 1.5 grams / pound. You need to find out how many calories you are intaking per day and how many calories you are burning. 5 pounds a week is unhealthy IMO. You're losing a lot of tissue.