1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cutler/Young at 12-15

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by calicowboy54, Mar 14, 2006.

1. calicowboy54

calicowboy54 Active Member

217 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    With the draft order and teams that need QBs. If Jay Cutler or Vince Young Drop to the 12-15 range do we make the play and trade up 4 spots to take the QB of the futer? Second if we do what do you think it will take to move up and get one of them.
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,126 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
    I think the chances of that happening are right around 2.4%.
  3. thewivil

thewivil Member

737 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Doubtful.
  4. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I wouldn't trade up for Vince Young but I would for Cutler. Will be a better QB down the road. Vince Young has Michael Vick written all over him.
  5. HardHittin'Witten

HardHittin'Witten This ain't Madden

2,562 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    you're being generous with that percentage.
  6. jja050575

jja050575 New Member

171 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would rather wait until the later rounds and get Charlie Whitehurst, and keep the 1st and 2nd round for a big play linebacker, and offensive lineman.
  7. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    It will not happen........trading up that is!
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,126 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
    Thats the percentage chance of BP having a stroke between now and April 28.
  9. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,110 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    NO>. I say we make our move next year and trade up to get Brady Quinn... whatever it takes.
  10. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    Miami got there QB and they draft at what 16. Cleveland, Arizona and Okland could be in the market. But if one of them fall to the Cowboys it could get intresting.....
  11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,652 Messages
    5,563 Likes Received
    Hard to see either Cutler or Young dropping to the 12-15 range or to the point we would consider trading up. I can't see us trading up for anyone really.
  12. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Unconventional as he is, Vick has won a lot of games including a couple of playoff games. He's got two young potential stud WR's in Jenkins and White so I think the best is yet to come from Vick.
  13. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    *** are you thinking? This thread has NOTHING to do with TO!!! ****!!! ;)
  14. ZB9

ZB9 Active Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    why do people compare Young to Vick? Their styles are very different.

actually, i dont think you can compare Young to anyone. He's the most unique QB to ever be in the NFL draft. but if you are going to compare him to someone, i would compare him to Randal Cunningham (although bigger, faster, tougher, more poised, and a better leader), or compare him to Steve McNair (who has been a huge mentor for Young since he was in high school)...Young is going to tear up the NFL, and he is going to be the dual threat QB that Vick was SUPPOSED to be.

with that said, Dallas doesnt need a QB, and they arent trading up for a QB. If they trade up for someone, it will be a tackle.
  15. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,097 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    If you want Brady Quinn, you better be rooting for a 2-14 kind of year, because that is the only way Dallas gets a shot at Brady Quinn.
  16. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,613 Messages
    574 Likes Received
    Dallas is more apt to trade down in this draft not up. I wouldn't mind a deal like in 2004 when we traded our 22nd (I beleive) for Buffalos two #1's.

SS
  17. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    no

David
  18. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,911 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Uhmmm, no. Young doesn't have anywhere near the arm of those aforementioned QBs. Personally, I'd compare him to Matt Jones. Young just played on a better more high profile team.
  19. StonetheCrow77

StonetheCrow77 Member

876 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    ya, Matt Jones totally tore up the Rose Bowl and beat one of the best college teams ever... and the sad thing is, Young did that so often it's expected of him... he's just that good... people trying to knock Young didn't watch him enough, that's all there is to it...
  20. acis516

acis516 Member

66 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I don't understand the Vick comparison either. If anything Vick wishes he had Youngs body. Even if they have identical games, Young has the extra pounds to endure a season much better than Vick.