1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cuts and Free Agent Rumors

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by JustDezIt, Jul 25, 2011.

1. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,647 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Nick Barnett has signed with the Bills.
  2. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I was hoping he'd go to the AFC or something . . . . .
  3. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Adam Schefter
    ‎49ers free agent DT Aubrayo Franklin is flying to SF tonight. For a "visit".
  4. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Floyd 'Pork Chop' Womack, OG, signed by Cardinals.
  5. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He would be a interesting pickup for the Boys.....
  6. cwboy1

cwboy1 Member

264 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :bang2: AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
    RT @McClain_on_NFL: Former Pats DE Ty Warren is headed to Houston to visit with the Texans. He's visiting with the Broncos today.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,942 Messages
    7,690 Likes Received
    You don't like it when NFC contenders have players who drop too many passes?
  8. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

I think he's a pretty good WR. I just didn't want GB or an NFC East team to land him at the very least.
  9. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,666 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    Tim Hightower traded to redskins for holiday and a pick
  10. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,110 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Packer signed John Kuhn. Supposedly making him the highest pay FB in the NFL.
  11. perrykemp

6,110 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Surprised the Packers resigned him. They drafted Randall Cobb (WR Kentucky) in the 2nd round -- I absolutely loved him in college.

Now they have:

1. Jennings
    2. Driver
    3. Jordy Nelson
    4. James Jones
    5. Randall Cobb
    6. Jeremichael Finley
    Crazy!
  12. Idgit

31,942 Messages
    7,690 Likes Received
    Other than the drops, he is good. I hate WRs who drop passes, though.

Cobb's going to be good. Driver's about done, Jones and Nelson are good WRs, but not much more than that. Jennings is the real deal, though.
  13. perrykemp

6,110 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Agreed with you that Jones / Nelson are never going to be pro-bowlers.... Having said that, having Nelson as your #3, Jones as your #4, and Cobb as your #5 is pretty darn good. Probably the best WR corp in the league.
  14. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received

Not Probably, it is.

Even if we signed Randy Moss(as some speculate)

Driver,Jennings,Nelson,Jones,Cobb+Finley> Austin,Dez,Moss,Harris,Ogletree+Witten.

IMO at least. And I'm VERY high on our recieving corp as it is. So that is saying a lot.
  15. Idgit

31,942 Messages
    7,690 Likes Received
    Solid from top to bottom. And with a great QB. No doubt. I like that corps a lot. Not as sold on Finley (I know, I'm alone here). He's a great pass-catching TE, though.

The Packers have solid talent everywhere, and great talent in a couple of key positions. They're well coached, and they draft really well. But the fact that they could put--what was it, 17?--players on IR and win a Superbowl says more about the organization than anything else. It's one reason I'm not freaking out about FA acquisitions this season. There are things more important than talent that go into a deep playoff run, and GB is doing those things right right now.
  16. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,269 Messages
    2,465 Likes Received
    I must concede that I love the Packers' depth at receiver. Their ability to spread the field is remarkable.

However, the Cowboys have no peer in the NFC when it comes to top three receiving options. Miles, Jason, and Dez are the best trio, bar none.
  17. perrykemp

6,110 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Agreed.

As I've mentioned a couple of other times in the past few days in other threads, I think our starting WRs and TE are the best in the league. If you look at the entire recieving corp, I'd go with Green Bay.
  18. Idgit

31,942 Messages
    7,690 Likes Received
    What kills me about the Pack WRs is that they always seem to get the ball in the seam, right in stride, with two steps on the coverage. How do all of them get so damn open? It's unbelievable.
  19. Boston Cowboy

Boston Cowboy Member

88 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Maybe they have a great WR Coach. Wouldn't it be great if the Cowboys had someone as good as him? Oh, wait... ;)
  20. perrykemp

6,110 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    I think you are onto something.

None of the Packer WRs are individually dominant physical talents. The Packers don't rely on their guys out-muscling, out-jumping, or out-running DBs for completions. It's a scheme based passing attack heavy reliant on precise route running.

If we can take two superior physical talents like Dez and Miles Austin and get them to play in that kind of system, they are going to be absolutely dominant.

That's what I am hoping we get from having Jimmy Robinson here.