1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cyrus Gray, RB, Texas A&M

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by garyv, Feb 1, 2012.

1. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,399 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Where will Cyrus Gray, RB Texas A&M go in the Draft ?
  2. Pokes28

Pokes28 Member

364 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Depends on how he measures at the combine. If he's big and fast and fully healthy, I'd say 4th. If he's slower than expected, he'll drop to 5th/6th or possibly undrafted. Remember that there is almost always a RB slide compared to what fans think.

David Harrell - Pokes
    dwh
  3. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,043 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    I think he's projected as a round 3/4 guy. I know if I needed a RB I would get in there for sure...I really liked him. Showed a lot of smarts, heart, toughness, quick jukes, etc...kind of like a leader at the position. I think he'll make a good 3rd down back and worst, and a good RB by committee back likely.

Not a burner, but just a shifty guy.
  4. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great agility/lateral quickness and good vision but average speed, probably a third round pick.
  5. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,399 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Darren Sproyles (I like his style)
  6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,614 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    Gray would be a great fit in this offense. Good call.I like this kid alot
  7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,614 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    Reminds me of Ray Rice
  8. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

1,983 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    I always liked Gray, but this year that other back they have really impressed me. Michael ? I can't remember, but the times I watched A&M play that kid was amazing, It seemed they were rotating him and Gray and while Gray was in they were much less effective.... I onl'y watched a few games and not every series in those soooooo FWIW and that doesn't mean Gray isn't good, but I don't see Ray Rice in him.
  9. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,614 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    The decisiveness, quickness and low center of gravity remind me of Rice. I'll admit I haven't watched much of him, but I think their running styles look similar
  10. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

1,983 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    Its the power difference, Rice runs with power. I've not seen that with Gray, but I haven't watched a ton of his games....