1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Cyrus Gray, RB, Texas A&M

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by garyv, Feb 1, 2012.

1. garyv

garyv Well-Known Member

1,801 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Where will Cyrus Gray, RB Texas A&M go in the Draft ?

2. Pokes28

Pokes28 Member

365 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Depends on how he measures at the combine. If he's big and fast and fully healthy, I'd say 4th. If he's slower than expected, he'll drop to 5th/6th or possibly undrafted. Remember that there is almost always a RB slide compared to what fans think.

David Harrell - Pokes
    dwh

3. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member

1,237 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    I think he's projected as a round 3/4 guy. I know if I needed a RB I would get in there for sure...I really liked him. Showed a lot of smarts, heart, toughness, quick jukes, etc...kind of like a leader at the position. I think he'll make a good 3rd down back and worst, and a good RB by committee back likely.

Not a burner, but just a shifty guy.

4. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great agility/lateral quickness and good vision but average speed, probably a third round pick.

5. garyv

garyv Well-Known Member

1,801 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Darren Sproyles (I like his style)

6. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

9,870 Messages
    2,302 Likes Received
    Gray would be a great fit in this offense. Good call.I like this kid alot

7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

9,870 Messages
    2,302 Likes Received
    Reminds me of Ray Rice

8. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,263 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    I always liked Gray, but this year that other back they have really impressed me. Michael ? I can't remember, but the times I watched A&M play that kid was amazing, It seemed they were rotating him and Gray and while Gray was in they were much less effective.... I onl'y watched a few games and not every series in those soooooo FWIW and that doesn't mean Gray isn't good, but I don't see Ray Rice in him.

9. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

9,870 Messages
    2,302 Likes Received
    The decisiveness, quickness and low center of gravity remind me of Rice. I'll admit I haven't watched much of him, but I think their running styles look similar

10. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,263 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Its the power difference, Rice runs with power. I've not seen that with Gray, but I haven't watched a ton of his games....