1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

D N C...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by trickblue, Aug 25, 2008.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,941 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Nance is a terrible speaker...

She's like Obama off of prompter... but she is ON the prompter...

The delegates don't seem very inspired either...
  2. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Michelle: "Is that a bill in your pocket, or ..."

[IMG]
  3. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I take it that not many people are watching, lol.
  4. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,391 Messages
    464 Likes Received
    Why do Democrats always talk about being fair? Their policies are about as contradictory to the idea of being fair as you can get. They just try to feed on people's jealousy. It's really pathetic.
  5. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Michelle Obama is a fine public speaker in her own right.
  6. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,065 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I personally thought she came off as a fake. I didn't see anything genuine in her speech....and then show began. Having the kids come out and him come on screen and the little girl screaming "i love you daddy" about 40 times. Come on now

I'm not a big supporter of either candidate this year, but the whole Obama campaign is the biggest production ever, and if he pulls this off and gets in office...good job for them, because they would have just pulled off the biggest scam job in US history.
  7. trickblue

28,941 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Here's a guy who gets it...
  8. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,145 Messages
    6,940 Likes Received
    I honestly forgot it was on... Preseason football and all.

Both of these conventions are big cheerleading sessions. Democrats just get to do it first.

I feel like by now, those in the know pretty much know what each candidate is about. The only unknown now is McCain's VP. At this point, I'm tired of both parties trying to one up the other.

What I'm interested in seeing now is what Congress is going to look like after the elections...
  9. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The part with the kids was pretty bad. I mean they wanted to show that their family is normal but that came across as clearly rehearsed and wasn't effective at all. I thought the speech itself was fine though and she delivered it well. I certainly thought the story about her father seemed genuine though.

One of the Fox Analysts said that is was a clearly liberal speech because Michelle noted her heroes were, in the words of the analysts "marchers". But I mean the people she was referring to were the leaders of the womens rights and the civil rights movements. It may have been a liberal reference but she made it seem negative and I don't think you can paint either of those movements as such. They may have been liberal in their day but I don't think you'd find many conservatives who would speak against them now.
  10. trickblue

28,941 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    The thing that gets me... and it will happen at the RNC as well is that a change in the party will change it all... we'll all be rich...

I don't like Bush (the president), but they go on and on about the "Clinton Balanced Budget". The fact that we achieved that goes to Gingrich and his Contract with America...

Tonight I've heard how Bush is responsible for Katrina, unrest in the Middle East, unbalanced representation of the Stealers in the HoF and Redskins Football.

I heard Teddy spew his usual crapola. He is a MAJOR part of the problem we have in this country...

There is nothing inspirational about any of these losers; dim or repub...

I DO find it interesting that they gave tribute to a man that single-handedly has been a divisive idiot in this country... Jimmy Carter... There is no situation that affords him any laud... he's among the worst presidents we've ever had yet he is now a hero...

He's a colossal schmuck...

Edit: Outside of his humanitarian efforts...
  11. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Swingers!!!!
  12. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

2nd biggest scam job.

Its already been done once recently, this will be the second time.
  13. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,065 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Nah, I actually think W did a pretty decent job during his first 4 years. Can you imagine our response to 9/11 if Gore had been in office?

He had ALOT of crap thrown at him these past 8 years. He's done a poor job of some of them, but a pretty good job at others. Whats really sad, is in the history books, he's going to go down as one of the worst ever, if not the worst, and that's far from the truth.

The past 4 years have been pretty rough, but he's getting the blame for some things that aren't anything to do with him.

Katrina? come on...

Economy - It runs in cycles, always has. Plus, the 8 years of Clinton's wonderful doings didn't help too much.
  14. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    There's a lot of truth in this post.

You're right that the past 4 years have been rough, but you know I stand by my vote for W over Kerry and wouldn't do it over if I had the chance.
  15. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,145 Messages
    6,940 Likes Received
    Some may disagree, but I think any POTUS would've done an equally fine job handling 9/11. That was a time that called for extreme unity and patriotism. Bush stepped up to the plate to calm the nation on TV, but the swift military actions calmed my nerves more than his speech.

Call me crazy, but I have alot of confidence in the military protocols under which this country operates when faced with circumstances like 09/11. I live 5 mins from Ellington field and I'd never seen so much military activity in all my years of living in Houston.

So while Bush did a fine job at that time, I'm not sure he did anything particularly outstanding that another president couldn't have done. That's jmo.
  16. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But some have seduced themselves into thinking that had Gore been elected, 9-11 never would have transpired--even though the hijackers were roosting, plotting and preparing in the US long before W took office.
  17. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You know what they say, "Once you go black you never go back" :cool:
  18. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,599 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Hmmm, DNC... kinda like a game thread.

Cool.

:cool:

Where's Chad?
  19. trickblue

28,941 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    I'm right here... :D
  20. trickblue

28,941 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    This "Talk Show" is the worst thing I've ever seen at a convention...

The GOP will have to work hard to beat this one, but I bet they give it a good run...

I will give this Aimee Christensen chick a perfect 10 for her mullet though... :thumbup: