1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas 2013 Strength of Schedule is one of the weakest

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,194 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    I don't totally disagree with you, I think our schedule was a bit top heavy. But, we played Tampa, Carolina, NO, CLE, Cinci, Pitt, and Philly twice. Those were all bad football teams and they made up half our schedule. Actually, come to think of it, those were 7 of the 8 games we won.

Dallas lost to every good team it played...so had we not had a soft schedule, we wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs.
  2. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,553 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    A weak strength of schedule only matters if you are a good team. We are not a good team, and there are other who will be looking at their game against Dallas and penciling in a win. We will be part of some other team's weak strength of schedule.

Houston had a weak schedule last year and blew out some teams, including the super Bowl champs. We did not blow any team out last year. If we had played the worst team in the NFL 5 times last year, we would have won 4 of those games by a total of 8 points.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,893 Messages
    2,142 Likes Received
    And then it turned out to be 4th hardest.
  4. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,417 Messages
    915 Likes Received
    No, you are missing the point. The numbers I gave were 2012 performance based on strength of schedule of 2011 opponents.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,194 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    Only b/c of 3 or 4 teams. The schedule as a whole was not that tough. Saying it was is just making an excuse for this team's piss poor play.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,893 Messages
    2,142 Likes Received
    Calm down Future... just stating the facts as they are listed based on win percentage of opponents.
    No freakin excuses for anyone here.

If you wish to make your own assessment of how good each team was, go for it.
  7. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,936 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    its offically the off season....the only season the Cowboys have won for the last 16 years....so a run is possible....but why stop there....its superbowl time in Dallas

sos means nothing until the game is played...games are won on the field not online
  8. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Probably bigger than SOS, which isn't saying much, is where a team's bye is. The Skins were helped by a pretty late bye week this year, I think teams that have one of the 1st few byes always have a bit of a disadvantage.
  9. Titleist

Titleist Active Member

553 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    While I do agree that strength of schedule does not matter too much, I guarantee you that if we had a hard strength of schedule this coming year, everybody here would be complaining.
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,418 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    but was that before the season strength of schedule or after the season strength of schedule?
  11. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,741 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
  12. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,785 Messages
    859 Likes Received
    No schedule is weak if you're not ready to play every week you'll get your butt handed to you regardless of the opponent. There's peaks and valley's every season with teams changing from week to week you have to be on your game to win consistently in the NFL.
  13. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,388 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    You don't know how tough or how easy your schedule is until the season plays out. A year ago at this time, Dallas was supposed to have the 11th toughest schedule in 2012. But that was based on the opponents' 2011 W-L records.

It ended up being the 5th toughest schedule. A year ago, the Steelers were supposed to have the 14th toughest schedule in 2012. It ended up being the 6th easiest. That's why the Steelers (also 8-8) will get to pick ahead of us in the draft.