1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas Cowboys 2010 Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Draft Day Zone' started by Hostile, Mar 26, 2010.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,088 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I like the Lee pick. He should step right in for Brooking after this season.
  2. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    1. Dez Bryant
    Class: Junior School: Oklahoma State Conference: Big 12 Height: 6-2 Weight: 225
    Strengths: Makes plays, especially when the game is on the line. Makes one-handed catches with ease due
    to his extremely large hands. Has good route-running discipline and makes quick cuts. Gets open when
    covered one-on-one and has impressive moves in the open field. Sees the whole field as a returner.
    Adjusts to poorly thrown balls easily and quickly. Looks the ball in and seldom lets the ball get into his
    frame. Makes catches at his knees look easy. Loves the game and loves to win. Plays the role of
    Defensive Back well when passes are thrown to defenders.
    Weaknesses: Had a rough child with a young mother who spent over a year in jail for selling drugs. He has
    trouble learning complicated schemes. Will need special attention from a patient receivers coach. Did not
    use good judgment when investigated by the NCAA. Works better for tough catches and will drop the easy
    ones from time to time. Will not fool experienced defenders with his routes. Leaps too early on occasion.
    Overall: Dez Bryant is built as if he were born to play Wide Receiver. With a Quarterback who gives him
    opportunities, Bryant could have a great future ahead of him. He bails out his signal caller, but will need
    time to absorb plays and perfect a full route tree. He was suspended for the season which lead to him
    declaring early for the draft. If his character checks out, teams will give him a shot in the early part of Round
    1. He should be in the Pro Bowl within a few years. The Miami Dolphins would love him as a complement
    to Ted Ginn.
  3. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Dez Bryant
    Height: 6-2 | Weight: 225 | 40-Time: 4.52

Official Bio

Strengths:
    Excellent size with long arms --- Outstanding athlete --- Plays fast with good acceleration and a burst --- Soft hands and will make the difficult catch --- Aggressive with terrific ball skills and body control --- Fantastic leaping ability --- Strong and Physical --- Knows how to get open, separate and use his big frame --- Great agility and balance and does not go down easy --- Elusive runner with nice vision and instincts --- Is tough and not afraid to go across the middle --- Competitive --- Above average blocker --- Can also contribute as a return man --- Productive.

Weaknesses:
    Immature --- Unreliable --- Just average timed speed --- Not a polished route runner --- Lapses in focus and concentration --- Must adjust to a pro style system --- Intelligence may be an issue --- Limited experience.

Notes:
    Started 19 games in three seasons with the Cowboys --- A consensus All-American selection in 2008 --- Named 1st Team All-Big 12 as a wide receiver and return man in 2008 --- Honored as the Big 12 Special Teams Player of the Year in 2008 --- Averaged 19.6 yards with 3 touchdowns on 22 punt returns and 23.8 yards on 6 kick returns in college ---Product of a very rough upbringing --- Was a high school All-American but struggled in the classroom, in part due to a learning disability --- Was ruled ineligible for most of the 2009 season after lying to NCAA investigators about his interactions with mentor Deion Sanders --- Rare talent with the physical tools to be a gamebreaker at the next level but shaky intangibles could threaten his ability to fulfill that promise --- Every bit as good of a prospect as Michael Crabtree was -- Potentially a true #1 target in the NFL --- Legitimate Top 10 Pick.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Career Statistics
    Year GP REC YDS YPC TD
    2007 12 43 622 14.5 6
    2008 13 87 1,480 17.0 19
    2009 3 17 323 19.0 4
    Totals
  4. TrueBeliever007

TrueBeliever007 Member

224 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    watch for player trades on the third day of the draft.
    This is Jones terrritory so watch for spears, barber, and possibly hurd to be traded
  5. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I like the Lee pick alot more than the Bryant pick.
  6. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wall's hamstring problems in past
    April, 24, 2010
    APR 24
    2:20
    PM CT
    Email Print Share
    By Tim MacMahon
    IRVING, Texas -- The pre-draft process was frustrating for Jamar Wall.

Wall injured his hamstring while working out before the combine and couldn't participate in any drills there. He tried to work out for scouts at Texas Tech's pro day in March but pulled his hamstring again while running the 40.

"You can't even explain it in words," said Wall, who added that he has fully recovered and will be ready for next weekend's rookie minicamp. "I know I could have proven myself to teams."

Not that Wall would have wowed any scouts with his 40 time. He calls himself "more quick than fast." His last timed 40, which was run at Tech's pro day for juniors last year, was a 4.55.

Wall prides himself on being a physical, smart player who knows how to adjust to opposing receivers.

"I have great game speed," Wall said, and he looks forward to proving it during the preseason.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallascowbo...ast?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
  7. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    W&M's DT Sean Lissemore: Run fast, hit hard

By Melinda Waldrop

247-4636
    October 1, 2009

Imagine you're a sprinter. A lithe, fleet-footed wisp of air whose cleats barely touch the track as you blow by your competition.

Imagine being in the starting blocks when a 6-foot-4, 230-pound behemoth hunkers down beside you, ignores shouts of "Hey, the shot put's over there!" and fixes his eyes on the finish line.

Imagine him getting there first.

Athletes who competed against William and Mary defensive tackle Sean Lissemore at Dumont High in Dumont, N.J., didn't always have to imagine. Lissemore, a linebacker on his high school team, a wrestler and, yes, a shot putter, also ran the 100 and 200 meters, with his best time of 11.2 seconds in the 100 mere slivers from his school's record of 10.9.

"I was unique," said Lissemore, a senior who now weighs 286 pounds but still runs the 40-yard dash in 4.8 seconds. "I just enjoyed going against those guys and beating them."

Lissemore has gotten to experience that feeling quite often this season.

Lissemore leads the Tribe (4-0, 1-0 Colonial Athletic Association) with five tackles for loss as fifth-ranked William and Mary heads to No. 2 Villanova on Saturday.

"We've played good teams up to this point, but this is by far the best team," said Lissemore, whose team opened the season by upsetting Virginia in Charlottesville. "We're ready to rise to the challenge, and I'm ready to see what type of defense we really have."

The Tribe is allowing a meager average of 59 rushing yards per game, eighth in the country, while the Wildcats (4-0, 1-0 CAA) rank sixth in the nation with 228 rushing yards per game. Villanova junior quarterback Chris Whitney is averaging 126.5 passing yards and a team-best 69 rushing yards per game, and he's squarely in the sights of the Tribe's defense.

"Our goal right now, we say, is to wreck the decision-maker, to take him out, and then go from there," said Lissemore, who has 11/2 sacks and a quarterback hurry.

Lissemore, one of five Tribe captains, had 51 tackles, including a team-best 71/2 for loss, and four sacks last season. This year, fully recovered from shoulder surgery on a torn labrum last spring, he served early notice he was picking up right where he left off.

"He's a lot easier to coach than he is to block," William and Mary coach Jimmye Laycock said. "He disrupted our offense throughout spring practice."

In more ways than one. While he had to give up wrestling to pursue football — he had a scholarship offer to wrestle at Rutgers, but at 197 pounds — Lissemore hasn't forgotten the moves that earned him a state medal at 215 pounds.

"There was this one play in spring ball," Lissemore said. "I picked up one of our running backs and I kind of did a suplex (driving him into the ground). I kind of felt bad about it … "

Lissemore brings even more aggression against his opponents. In a 30-20 win against Delaware last weekend, he had six tackles, including 21/2 for loss, but wasn't concerned about his stats.

"I personally enjoy just laying some people out," he said. "I got a shot on the one kid. It won't show up in the box score, but I took his helmet off."

Before writing off Lissemore as a big brute, consider his schedule as a high school freshman.

"It's kind of embarrassing, but I was also in the marching band," said Lissemore, who played saxophone. "I would go out and play the freshman football game, which was at like 9 or 10 in the morning, and I'd run back in the locker room and go get changed into the band uniform and march in the varsity game."

As he was already 6-2, no one gave him a hard time, but "I definitely stuck out," Lissemore said. "You know, with the feather on the hat, I was the tallest kid on the field."

Lissemore still plays sax when he has time, and he's helping his younger sister, Brittany, hone her shot, discus and javelin skills for interested colleges. But don't get the idea that he's not focused on the main task at hand.

"We're trying to shut teams out," Lissemore said. "We're trying to hold teams to as (few) points as possible.

"We're trying to make a statement that we are the best defense in this conference."

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/colleges/dp-spt_lissemore_1001oct01,0,3932498.story
  8. canters

canters Active Member

1,797 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    OK, which picks make the team? The more I read about Lissmore, the more I think they hope he can play DE and provice depth if Spears is traded.
  9. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE SLEEPER FILE;5. Sean Lissemore, DT, William&Mary, 6-3.5, 298, 4.75

THE SLEEPER FILE
    PROSPECTS TO WATCH FOR THE 2010 DRAFT

5. Sean Lissemore, DT, William&Mary, 6-3.5, 298, 4.75 ... It may be a bit of an oxymoron to describe an emerging 3-4 defensive lineman, most of whom are pretty big guys, as sleepers, but one worth a mention is D1A William & Mary DT Sean Lissemore. An unusually large number of NFL personnel people went to the school's pro day earlier this month mostly with the intention of checking out tweener DE Adrian Tracy, but couldn't help but notice Lissemore, a near 300-pounder with uncommon quickness and athleticism for such a big man. Indeed, Lissemore reportedly ran the 40 in close to 4.70 seconds, while recording times of 4.55 in the short shuttle and 7.60 in the three-cone drill, both of which would have been among the top ten for defensive linemen at the combine. In fact, Lissemore is a good athlete who was actually a sprinter in hig school as well as a state-ranked wrestler. Lissemore is coming off a solid season at William & Mary where he had 66 tackles including 6.5 sacks and 7.5 other tackles for loss; and just to show his athleticism he also picked off a couple of passes and blocked a kick. And the NFL is starting to notice as he has received a number of invitations to visit pro teams in the coming weeks including Arizona, Atlanta, Seattle and Jacksonville, as well as both the Giants and Jets. Lissemore is also getting attention as both a 4-3 DT, as well as 3-4 DE where his size and athleticsm would make a very nice match.

Many eyes were also on Lissemore, who tried to leave a memorable impression on the scouts.

“I feel like I did well on all my drills,” Lissemore said. “I hit the [225-pound bench press] 36 times, which I think ranks third at the combine right now overall. On the vertical jump, I recorded 30 inches, which is respectable for weighing 298 pounds … My 40-yard dash time was 4.83 [seconds], which is right in the range that I need to be.”

Lissemore believed the other seniors caught the attention of the scouts in attendance as well.

“I think that R.J. Archer did a great job,” Lissemore said. “He is just one of those guys that can just do it all. Coming off of baseball and throwing the ball around the way he did, he really turned some heads … I think David Caldwell had a heck of day. He had been flying under the radar for a number of reasons, but he is just a physical specimen and he really performed well.”

Sean Lissemore, DE/DT, William & Mary... 6-3, 297 pounds, 4.75 second 40... rated 403rd by NFLDS... great speed for a player that size...

HomeLog InBlogInterviewsPlayer RankingsNAIANAIA NewsNAIA Player RatingsD3D3 NewsD3 Pl

Player RatingsContact JB Scouting5 Non-Combine Prospects to Watch in March and April
    Written by Admin
    http://www.jbscouting.com/index.php/...ncombine-watch

Thursday, 25 February 2010 01:22
    While the combine is going on this week we are not only keeping tabs on those prospects who were invited but those that were snubbed as well. Here is our look at four prospects that were not invited who were not only snubs based on talent but could post the workout numbers to rise past many of those who did go to the combine and ultimately hear their names called on draft day.

2. DT Sean Lissemore, William & Mary
    Lissemore is currently our number two rated prospect not going to the combine and is a player that we believe has been overlooked due to the buzz of his teammate Adrian Tracy. Unlike Tracy, who is a tweener, we think Lissemore's home in the NFL is much more definite as either a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT. His athletic ability, speed, and size make him an intriguing prospect. In 2009, he tallied 66 tackles, 14 TFL, 6.5 sacks, two interceptions, two pass breakups, four hurries, and one blocked kick on his way to first-team All-CAA honors. Don't be surprised if he runs somewhere in the 4.7 or 4.8 range at his pro day at around 295 pounds. If the big fella can do that it would be an utter shock to see him go undrafted. His upside, work ethic, and production thus far are more than enough to earn him a draftable grade in our eyes.

One of the more popular of the William & Mary recruits is defensive tackle Sean Lissemore. Lissemore has to be one of the only, if not the only, defensive tackle to enter a draft as a former track star in high school. His 11.20 seconds in the 100m made him one of the best sprinters in New Jersey. A high school linebacker at 6'3, 240 pounds, Lissemore has since gained 50+ pounds yet managed to keep his linebacker speed. His 4.83 40 yard dash would have placed him among the fastest DTs at the combine if he had received an invite.

With all that speed, the next, logical step is to question his strength. His 36 reps on the bench press would have earned him third amongst the defensive lineman at the combine. His 30 inch vertical is very respectable for anybody near the 300 pound weight range. Clearly Lissemore is an athlete with the necessary NFL measurables.

Production is the only thing left to look at production and Lissemore has that too. Although hampered by a nagging shoulder injury that hurt his stat totals in his sophomore year and even affected his play into the beginning of his junior season, Lissemore pulled it all together during his senior campaign. In 14 games, Lissemore accumulated 66 tackles, 14 of which came for a loss, 6.5 sacks and 2 interceptions. All very good numbers from the DT position.

The Jaguars have scheduled a meeting with Lissemore to be held sometime in the next couple weeks.

interview of sean below
    http://tribeathletics.com/files/fb/2...lissemore.html

http://tribeathletics.com/files/fb/2009/video/d.html

2008 Highlights
    go to this link below to see more videos look at bottom of page
    http://network.yardbarker.com/NFL/ar...Mar y/2287380

Lissemore - Tackle for a loss

Lissemore - Sack

Lissemore - Lateral Movement Tackle

Lissemore - Tackle for No Gain

1st Team All-CAA 2009

Stats Overview Tackles Misc Interceptions
    YEAR TOT SOLO AST SACK STF STFY FF BK INT YDS AVG LNG TD PD
    2007 14 4 10 1.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
    2008 43 17 26 2.0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0.0 0 0 0
    2008 51 18 33 4.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
    2009 66 30 36 6.5 0 0 0 0 2 4 2.0 4 0 0

According to the Experts
    CDS Draft

Pros

Thick, raw-boned street brawler who is naturally strong and a bit nasty. Does not look all that athletic but can move. Plays better than his athletic numbers and has some room to grow. Penetrates unless double-teamed, and is a good bull rusher. Stalemates OGs his size. Good motor. Pile maker. Work ethic and speed gives him a chance.

Cons

Not all that big for an interior D-line candidate. Can be cut blocked. Has a little upside but will never be more than a journeyman. Doesn't bat balls. Lacks moves.

DraftInsider.com from the Texas vs. Nation practices

Lissemore has been improving all week and his hustle has really turned on scouts. He’s played with a sense of urgency and scouts have compared him to Mike DeVito of the New York Jets.

BuyScouting.com

Another senior to look at is DT #93 Sean Lissemore who has adequate size and shows a good use of hands.

NFLDraftBible on Lissemore's Texas vs. Nation game

Lissemore exhibited his brute strength to get through the line and drop the ballcarrier in the second half, as well as using his relentless leg drive to bowl over Dennis Landholt on a fourth quarter safety.

Sean Lissemore: By the Numbers

Sean Lissemore
    Position 1: Defensive End
    Height: 6'3
    Position 2: N/A
    Weight: 298
    Class: Senior Age: 22
    Projected Round: 6th-UDFA

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
    Height: 6-0¼ | Weight: 207 | 40-Time: 4.47

Official Bio

Strengths:
    Ideal height and bulk with a muscular physique and long arms --- Very good speed with a burst --- Nice agility and body control --- Fantastic hands --- Terrific ball skills --- Excellent range --- Sneaky elusiveness with solid vision and instincts as a runner --- Great awareness --- Real Aggressive --- Strong --- Confident --- Versatile --- Also a Return Man.

Weaknesses:
    Did not face a lot of top competition --- Raw footwork, backpedal and overall technique --- Plays tall --- Average hips and transition --- Will gamble and take risks --- Not a great tackler --- Isn't overly tough or physical --- Health / Durability concerns --- Might be a bit of a 'tweener.

Notes:
    Name is pronounced "ah-quasi / o-woo-sue / on-saw" --- First name means "Sunday Born" --- Parents are from Ghana --- Was a three-year starter for the Crimson Hawks --- Earned All-American notice as a cornerback and all-purpose player in 2009 --- Averaged 25.9 yards with 3 touchdowns on 53 kick returns and 11.3 yards with 4 touchdowns on 70 punt returns during his college career --- Suffered a shoulder injury (labrum) as a senior and played through it but was unable to take part in any of the postseason All-Star games and underwent surgery on March 17, 2010 --- Played corner and safety at I.U.P. and could project to either position at the next level --- Best fit may come in a zone scheme --- A playmaker in both the secondary and return game --- A small school gem with an extremely intriguing blend of size and speed.

Career Statistics
    Year GP TKL PBU INT YDS
    2006 10 20 3 0 0
    2007 12 12 2 0 0
    2008 11 14 10 8 148
    2009 11 27 4 2 42
    Totals 44 73 19 10 190
  11. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
  12. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Sam Young
    Height: 6-7⅝ | Weight: 316 | 40-Time: 5.21

Official Bio

Strengths:
    Great height and bulk with a huge frame --- Long arms --- Good natural strength --- Is capable of getting a big push in the run game --- Once he locks on the battle is over --- Displays a powerful punch --- Decent motor --- Smart --- Hard worker --- Durable --- Has a ton of experience.

Weaknesses:
    Inconsistent --- Not a great athlete --- Isn't very quick or agile --- Has heavy feet --- Really struggles with speed --- Doesn't always play with proper leverage --- Will get pushed back --- Limited range --- Lacks a killer instinct --- Questionable awareness --- Can only play one position

Notes:
    Became the only Fighting Irish offensive lineman to start every game since his freshman year --- His 50 career starts are the most in school history --- Was considered to be the top offensive tackle recruit in the entire country coming out of high school --- Named Florida's Gatorade Player of the Year in 2005, beating out competition such as Tim Tebow and CJ Spiller --- Played left tackle as a sophomore and right tackle the remainder of his college career --- Will likely be relegated to right tackle at the next level --- Never quite lived up to all the hype but is a battle-tested veteran with rare size and solid intangibles --- Didn't develop into the top prospect some envisioned early in his career but has the ability to be a serviceable pro and perhaps more in the right situation.
  13. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    2010 Draft Vignette - Jamar Wall, Texas Tech
    Published: April 1, 2010 at 01:33 p.m.

01:01 – A look back at draft prospect Texas Tech CB Jamar Wall.
    0 Comments | 23 Recommendations | 2,219 Views
    Video on link below
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d81746cd9/2010-Draft-Vignette-Jamar-Wall-Texas-Tech

http://www.sportsultra.com/collegefootball/ncaa/players/Jamar-Wall/0/16296/video/

Jamar Wall #3
    Cornerback

Height: 5-foot-10
    Weight: 203 pounds
    Class Year: Sr
    Experience: 3V
    Hometown: Plainview, TX
    High School: Plainview HS

2010 NFL Draft - Round 6

Dallas Cowboys
    Round 6
    Pick 27 (196)
    As a Recruit (profile)

Class: 2006 (High School)
    Rating/Rankings: | 5.7

Rivals.com Athletes 2006 (37)
    Rivals.com Texas Top 100 2006 (55)

Highlight Videos [more]

Video clip (H.S.)
    Video clip (H.S.)
    Video clip (H.S.)

Photo Gallery Find Another Player: Air Force Akron Alabama Arizona Arizona State Arkansas Arkansas St. Army Auburn Ball State Baylor Boise State Boston College Bowling Green Buffalo BYU California Central Michigan Cincinnati Clemson Colorado Colorado State Connecticut Duke East Carolina Eastern Michigan Florida Florida Atlantic Florida Int'l Florida State Fresno State Georgia Georgia Tech Hawaii Houston Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Iowa State Kansas Kansas State Kent State Kentucky La.-Monroe Louisiana Tech Louisiana-Laf. Louisville LSU Marshall Maryland Memphis Miami-FL Miami-OH Michigan Michigan State Middle Tenn. Minnesota Miss. State Missouri Navy NC State Nebraska Nevada New Mexico New Mexico St. North Carolina North Texas Northern Illinois Northwestern Notre Dame Ohio Ohio State OK State Oklahoma Ole Miss Oregon Oregon State Penn State Pittsburgh Purdue Rice Rutgers San Diego St. San Jose St. SMU South Carolina South Florida Southern Miss. Stanford Syracuse TCU Temple Tennessee Texas Texas A&M Texas Tech Texas-El Paso Toledo Troy Tulane Tulsa UAB UCF UCLA UNLV USC Utah Utah State Vanderbilt Virginia Virginia Tech Wake Forest Wash. St. Washington West Virginia Western Michigan Wisconsin Wyoming > Gerardo Acevedo Michael Aguilar Britton Barbee Aundrey Barr Baron Batch Bront Bird Edward Britton Terrance Bullitt Austin Burns Shawn Byrnes Donnie Carona Brandon Carter Omar Castillo E.J. Celestie Taylor Charbonnet Aaron Charbonnet Dion Chidozie Kyle Clark Daniel Cobb Blake Collier Aaron Crawford Cody Davis Brett Dewhurst Seth Doege Cornelius Douglas Brian Duncan Lonnie Edwards Blake Emert Ryan Erxleben Dustin Eskew Sam Fehoko Aaron Fisher Jared Flannel Will Ford Tanner Foster Jacoby Franks Deveric Gallington Matt Goetz Pearlie Graves Joel Gray Jonathan Guerra Ryan Hale Ryan Haliburton Riley Harvey Rashad Hawk Rajon Henley Bradley Hicks Julius Howard Daniel Howard Victor Hunter Kerry Hyder Adam James Harrison Jeffers D.J. Johnson Richard Jones Jacob Karam Blake Kelley Joe King Christopher Knighton Lyle Leong Detron Lewis Brandon Mahoney Derrick Mays Andre McCorkle Terry McDaniel Franklin Mitchem LaRon Moore Jake Myatt David Neill Weston Neiman Brent Nickerson Trent Nickerson Mickey Okafor Chris Olson Chris Perry Jarvis Phillips Taylor Potts Sandy Riley Garrett Riley Jarrell Routt De'Shon Sanders Brandon Sesay Brandon Sharpe Steven Sheffield Jesse Smitherman Tyrone Sonier Eric Stephens Clint Stoffels Nathan Stone Tramain Swindall Alexander Torres LaAdrian Waddle Myles Wade Jamar Wall Chris Wallace Eric Ward Colby Whitlock Marlon Williams Matthew Williams Yashua Williams Marlon Winn Austin Zouzalik

The Latest: Report Card: Grading the Raiders' season — 12/1/2009

Though Texas Tech's 2009 regular season was an up and down affair, the Red Raiders still ended with a solid 8-4 record. How did the team's various units perform this year? Joe Yeager hands out the grades.[details]

Updates Statistics Videos Bio Audibles Scouting
    JAMAR WALL STATS Defense
    Statistics UT AT TT TL S Int BR FR
    2009 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 2 0 0
    2008 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 2 0 0
    2007 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 5 0 0
    2006 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Career 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 9 0 0

GAME BY GAME STATISTICS: DefenseReturns 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | Hide Stats

2009 OPPONENTS UT AT TT TL S Int BR FR
    NORTH DAKOTA (Sep. 5) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Rice (Sep. 12) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at Texas (Sep. 19) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at Houston (Sep. 26) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    New Mexico (Oct. 3) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Kansas State (Oct. 10) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at Nebraska (Oct. 17) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Texas A&M (Oct. 24) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Kansas (Oct. 31) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at OK State (Nov. 14) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Oklahoma (Nov. 21) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at Baylor (Nov. 28) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Michigan State (Jan. 2) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0

2008 OPPONENTS UT AT TT TL S Int BR FR
    E. Washington (Aug. 30) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at Nevada (Sep. 6) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    SMU (Sep. 13) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Massachusetts (Sep. 20) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at Kansas State (Oct. 4) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Nebraska (Oct. 11) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at Texas A&M (Oct. 18) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at Kansas (Oct. 25) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Texas (Nov. 1) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    OK State (Nov. 8) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at Oklahoma (Nov. 22) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Baylor (Nov. 29) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Ole Miss (Jan. 2) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0

2007 OPPONENTS UT AT TT TL S Int BR FR
    at SMU (Sep. 3) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Texas-El Paso (Sep. 8) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at Rice (Sep. 15) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at OK State (Sep. 22) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Northwestern St. (Sep. 29) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Iowa State (Oct. 6) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Texas A&M (Oct. 13) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at Missouri (Oct. 20) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Colorado (Oct. 27) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at Baylor (Nov. 3) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at Texas (Nov. 10) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    Oklahoma (Nov. 17) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at Virginia (Jan. 1) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0

2006 OPPONENTS UT AT TT TL S Int BR FR
    SMU (Sep. 2) -
    at Texas-El Paso (Sep. 9) -
    at TCU (Sep. 16) -
    SE Lousiana (Sep. 23) -
    at Texas A&M (Sep. 30) -
    Missouri (Oct. 7) -
    at Colorado (Oct. 14) -
    at Iowa State (Oct. 21) -
    Texas (Oct. 28) -
    Baylor (Nov. 4) -
    at Oklahoma (Nov. 11) -
    OK State (Nov. 18) 0 0 0 0.0 0.0 0 0 0
    at Minnesota (Dec. 29) -

2009 OPPONENTS No Yds Avg TD No Yds Avg TD
    NORTH DAKOTA (Sep. 5) 0 0 0.0 0 1 17 17.0 0
    Rice (Sep. 12) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    at Texas (Sep. 19) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    at Houston (Sep. 26) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    New Mexico (Oct. 3) 0 0 0.0 0 1 24 24.0 0
    Kansas State (Oct. 10) 0 0 0.0 0 2 3 1.5 0
    at Nebraska (Oct. 17) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    Texas A&M (Oct. 24) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    Kansas (Oct. 31) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    at OK State (Nov. 14) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    Oklahoma (Nov. 21) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    at Baylor (Nov. 28) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    Michigan State (Jan. 2) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0

2008 OPPONENTS No Yds Avg TD No Yds Avg TD
    E. Washington (Aug. 30) 1 43 43.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    at Nevada (Sep. 6) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    SMU (Sep. 13) 1 28 28.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    Massachusetts (Sep. 20) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    at Kansas State (Oct. 4) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    Nebraska (Oct. 11) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    at Texas A&M (Oct. 18) 3 74 24.7 0 0 0 0.0 0
    at Kansas (Oct. 25) 3 77 25.7 0 0 0 0.0 0
    Texas (Nov. 1) 2 57 28.5 0 1 0 0.0 0
    OK State (Nov. 8) 1 27 27.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    at Oklahoma (Nov. 22) 6 116 19.3 0 0 0 0.0 0
    Baylor (Nov. 29) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    Ole Miss (Jan. 2) 3 55 18.3 0 0 0 0.0 0

2007 OPPONENTS No Yds Avg TD No Yds Avg TD
    at SMU (Sep. 3) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    Texas-El Paso (Sep. 8) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    at Rice (Sep. 15) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    at OK State (Sep. 22) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    Northwestern St. (Sep. 29) 1 0 0.0 0 1 0 0.0 0
    Iowa State (Oct. 6) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    Texas A&M (Oct. 13) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    at Missouri (Oct. 20) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    Colorado (Oct. 27) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    at Baylor (Nov. 3) 1 21 21.0 0 2 13 6.5 0
    at Texas (Nov. 10) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    Oklahoma (Nov. 17) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    at Virginia (Jan. 1) 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0.0 0

2006 OPPONENTS No Yds Avg TD No Yds Avg TD
    SMU (Sep. 2) -
    at Texas-El Paso (Sep. 9) -
    at TCU (Sep. 16) -
    SE Lousiana (Sep. 23) -
    at Texas A&M (Sep. 30) -
    Missouri (Oct. 7) -
    at Colorado (Oct. 14) -
    at Iowa State (Oct. 21) -
    Texas (Oct. 28) -
    Baylor (Nov. 4) -
    at Oklahoma (Nov. 11) -
    OK State (Nov. 18) 1 15 15.0 0 0 0 0.0 0
    at Minnesota (Dec. 29) -

Jamar Wall College Videos

No College Videos Available.

Related Prospect Videos

Video Reel 1 — Friday, July 01, 2005 - #3 - RB - 6 clips - 29 sec

Video Reel 2 — Friday, July 01, 2005 - #3 - RB - 9 clips - 46 sec

Video Reel 3 — Friday, July 01, 2005 - #3 - RB - 12 clips - 47 sec

BIO NOTES

No Bio Available.

Jamar Wall Audibles

No Audibles Available.

Headlines from Rivals.com Network

Report Card: Grading the Raiders' season — 12/1/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Game at a Glance: TTU 20, BU 13 — 11/29/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Zac Attacked: Robinson hammered late in win — 11/15/2009, from OStateIllustrated.com

Handling Adversity, Prt I: Injuries mounting — 11/4/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Breaking down the Texas Tech defense — 10/14/2009, from HuskersIllustrated.com

Raiders at Midseason: What We've Learned — 10/14/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Signals from the static — 10/4/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Game at a Glance: TTU 48, UNM 28 — 10/4/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Game at a Glance: TTU 55, RU 10 — 9/13/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Notebook: Potts ready for first start — 8/31/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Notebook: Starting LT spot still up in the air — 8/31/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Notebook: Changes made to QB reps — 8/22/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Notebook: Defense making big plays — 8/21/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Notebook: Cumbie drawing on experience — 8/19/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Notebook: No clear-cut starter at H — 8/17/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Notebook: Freshman CB impressing — 8/16/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Instant Analysis: Raiders start week two — 8/15/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Notebook: Red Raiders bounce back — 8/14/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Notebook: Mitchell looking for right CB — 8/12/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Notebook: Lewis embracing expectations — 8/10/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Instant Analysis: DBs impress in coverage — 8/9/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Notebook: Fast start for Potts, Red Raiders — 8/8/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

2009 Fall Preview: Secondary — 8/8/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Notebook: Wade ready as Raiders report — 8/7/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Rivals.com 120 Countdown: No. 21 Texas Tech — 7/24/2009, from Rivals.com College Football

Fact or fiction: Five or more All-Big 12 picks? — 7/6/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Predicting who Leach will take to Media Days — 6/30/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Yeager: Facts don't back up Athlon quote — 6/23/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Ranking the Big 12: Cornerback — 6/22/2009, from HuskersIllustrated.com

2008 Season in Review: Nebraska — 6/17/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Mailbag: What to expect from the run game — 5/23/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

What we did not learn this spring — 4/30/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Looking ahead to the 2010 NFL Draft — 4/28/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Notebook: Intense practice for Raiders — 4/2/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Notebook: Leach uses plank to prove point — 3/31/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Notebook: Raiders battle the elements — 3/28/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

2009 Spring Preview: Cornerbacks — 3/21/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

2009 Class Snapshot: Defense — 1/29/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Cotton Bowl Matchups: Jerry is a beast — 1/1/2009, from RedRaiderSports.com

Rivals.com 2008 All-Big 12 Team — 12/11/2008, from Rivals.com College Football

Report Card: Grading the regular season — 12/5/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Football Mailbag: Which QB in 2009? — 12/4/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Texas Tech's 2008 season has been special — 11/30/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Signals from the static — 11/24/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Cornerbacks will be key against OU — 11/21/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

1nside the Numb3rs: Oklahoma — 11/19/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

1nside the Numb3rs: Big 12 — 11/12/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Texas Tech, Oklahoma State in new positions — 11/7/2008, from Rivals.com College Football

Football Mailbag: Advantages over OSU? — 11/4/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Signals from the static — 11/3/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Yeager: Not Just Another Great Game — 11/2/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Tech drops Texas 39-33 — 11/1/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Texas Tech knows what Texas game means — 10/31/2008, from Rivals.com College Football

Football Mailbag: Is Tech a mirage? — 10/22/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Tuesday notebook: Ganz trying to forget mistakes — 10/14/2008, from HuskersIllustrated.com

Playing at Kyle an opportunity for Tech — 10/13/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Signals from the static — 10/13/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Monday with Mike: Time to believe in Penn State — 10/13/2008, from Rivals.com College Football

Report Card: Texas Tech vs. Nebraska — 10/12/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Game at a Glance: TTU 37, NU 31 — 10/11/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

The final breakdown of the Texas Tech game — 10/11/2008, from HuskersIllustrated.com

Tech survives Nebraska in OT — 10/11/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Football Mailbag: Is Duncan an elite MLB? — 10/8/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Tech defense flies under the radar — 10/8/2008, from HuskersIllustrated.com

Report Card: Texas Tech vs. UMass — 9/21/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Report Card vs. SMU — 9/14/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Post-Game Notebook — 9/13/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Tech wins 43-7! — 9/13/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Signals from the static — 9/8/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Football Mailbag: Any weakness exposed? — 9/3/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Signals from the static — 9/1/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Report Card: Tech vs. Eastern Washington — 8/31/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

1nside the Numb3rs: Eastern Washington — 8/26/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Huge crowd comes out for Autograph Night — 8/21/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Morris, return game look to excel in '08 — 8/18/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Oklahoma, Missouri lead the way in Big 12 — 8/7/2008, from Rivals.com College Football

Competition high among Big 12 offenses — 8/7/2008, from Rivals.com College Football

Crabtree is a known commodity — 7/27/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Intense battle brewing at right corner — 7/24/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Big 12 Notes: CU's Scott set for big start — 7/22/2008, from HuskersIllustrated.com

Tech football facing high expectations — 7/22/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Texas Tech hopes to finally put it all together — 7/21/2008, from Rivals.com College Football

Preseason Countdown: No. 14 Texas Tech — 7/18/2008, from Rivals.com College Football

2008 Season Preview: Eastern Washington — 7/8/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Summer Football Fix: Tech loaded across the board — 7/5/2008, from HuskersIllustrated.com

Ruffin McNeill's bunch is for real — 5/1/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Spring Practice Awards — 4/29/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

What we didn't learn — 4/26/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Another option at cornerback emerging? — 4/14/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Scrimmage position-by-position breakdown — 4/6/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Texas Tech appears ready to rise — 3/26/2008, from Rivals.com College Football

Seven intriguing storylines — 3/23/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Leach already has three on board for 2009 — 3/18/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Is Chris Parker the toughest to replace? — 3/12/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Spring Preview: The Secondary — 3/11/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

Three new coaches on Big 12 sidelines — 2/28/2008, from Rivals.com College Football

Will greatness carry into 2008? — 1/4/2008, from RedRaiderSports.com

The right presents could lead to a big 2008 — 12/25/2007, from RedRaiderSports.com

Did Ruffin McNeill do enough? — 12/10/2007, from RedRaiderSports.com

What a difference a game makes — 11/20/2007, from RedRaiderSports.com

Signals from the static — 9/24/2007, from RedRaiderSports.com

Consider it a nightmare averted — 9/9/2007, from RedRaiderSports.com

Reed is a Special Teams whiz! — 8/2/2007, from RedRaiderSports.com

Young, talented trio ready to emerge — 7/30/2007, from RedRaiderSports.com

Talented newcomer could be vital — 7/9/2007, from RedRaiderSports.com

Key Red Raiders: #20 Chris Parker — 6/11/2007, from RedRaiderSports.com

Big 12 breakdown: Texas Tech — 6/6/2007, from GoPowercat.com

What we know — 4/20/2007, from RedRaiderSports.com

Position by position breakdown — 4/14/2007, from RedRaiderSports.com

Spring workouts at Texas Tech are underway — 3/21/2007, from RedRaiderSports.com

Spring Preview: The Secondary — 3/19/2007, from RedRaiderSports.com

Grading Tech's effort against Minnesota — 1/2/2007, from RedRaiderSports.com

Decision day looms — 8/13/2006, from RedRaiderSports.com

No monopoly on swagger at Tech — 8/11/2006, from RedRaiderSports.com

Wall building relationships — 6/13/2006, from RedRaiderSports.com

Lone Star wrap: Horns score one more — 12/12/2005, from Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Wall's season comes to a close — 12/5/2005, from RedRaiderSports.com

Tech gets a preview of things to come — 10/19/2005, from RedRaiderSports.com

Wall taking advantage of proximity — 9/22/2005, from RedRaiderSports.com

Rodgers Report: Top Texas defensive backs — 8/19/2005, from StudentSportsFootball.com

Jamar Wall: Exclusive 7-on-7 video and interviews — 7/14/2005, from RedRaiderSports.com

Video: Jamar Wall in action — 7/1/2005, from Rivals.com

The writing on the Wall — 6/17/2005, from RedRaiderSports.com

Jamar Wall ready for camp — 6/1/2005, from RedRaiderSports.com

West Texas DB holding offer from TCU — 5/5/2005, from PurpleMenace.com

A passing trend — 4/26/2005, from Rivals100.com

Wall chimes in on recent Nike Camp — 4/26/2005, from RedRaiderSports.com

West Texas RB returns from short hop — 4/19/2005, from RedRaiderSports.com

Wall picks up three — 4/13/2005, from RedRaiderSports.com

Wall looking for position — 3/3/2005, from RedRaiderSports.com

West Texas Wall — 2/15/2005, from SicEmSports.com

Scouting Reports
    A thick, muscular corner, Wall doesn't play nearly as physical as his frame indicates. He struggles to get much of a bump on receivers in coverage and can be pushed around and out-muscled downfield. He possesses decent footwork in his drop with the ability to keep his feet under him, plant his foot and drive on the ball underneath. But he has a tendency to bite on play fakes and opens up his hips early. He lacks the body control or speed to make up for a false step. Wall doesn't consistently trust his footwork and has a tendency to drift into his back-pedal, causing him to struggle when changing directions and staying in an opposing receiver's back pocket. He does a good job locating the ball quickly but lacks the burst and athleticism to put himself in position to make the play. Scouting report provided by National Football Post.
  14. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A more interesting comparison: Eric Moulds

Forgot where I heard it -- ESPN or The Ticket, probably -- but someone compared Dez Bryant to Eric Moulds. That seems like a better fit to me.
  15. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,869 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Wow so no guard or center... At least we got a tackle prospect.

I wonder if they are thinking of trying Akwasi at safety... Hmmm.