1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas Cowboys Could Expedite Success by Trading DeMarcus Ware

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    by Jeric Griffin

The Dallas Cowboys have a good problem at the outside linebacker position heading into the off-season that provides the team with a golden opportunity to become an instant title contender in 2013. Outside linebackers Anthony Spencer and Victor Butler are both in contract years and both playing extremely well this season. If the Cowboys were to re-sign both players, it would give Dallas the liberty to possibly trade All-Pro pass-rusher DeMarcus Ware for help in several needy areas, such as the offensive line, defensive end and inside linebacker.

A lot of Cowboys fans are probably angrily shocked at such a statement, but those who have been fans since the Jimmy Johnson era already know exactly where I’m headed with this.

When Johnson was hired as the Cowboys’ head coach in 1989, he traded All-Pro running Herschel Walker to the Minnesota Vikings for five players and eight draft picks. This resulted in Dallas acquiring players like Emmitt Smith, Alvin Harper, Darren Woodson and Russell Maryland, who were very instrumental to three Super Bowl wins by Dallas in the early-to-mid-1900s. A player of Ware’s caliber could do the same for the present-day Cowboys.

LINK TO REST OF ARTICLE http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/...by-trading-demarcus-ware/?twoQ3y2rdcSzhq6r.99
  2. calico

calico Active Member

4,140 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    We can't afford to trade ware cause of the cap hit...this ain't '89...
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,196 Messages
    1,300 Likes Received
    Just Wow.

:laugh2:
  4. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    I should clarify, I don't think you're stupid, but this article is. Also inevitable, wait long enough and you hear an opposing opinion on every topic, just for the shock value in most cases. Makes me sick. :rolleyes:
  5. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,575 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I would think that it would be easier to move Romo instead of Ware when you factor in the cap hits.

Craig
  6. Bwareinrings94

Bwareinrings94 Active Member

502 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Even if we did this, we'd end if with 2 scandricks, another Doug Free and a Kitna. I wouldn't trust these clowns to find quality for Ware. And yes, the article is pure crap.
  7. Tricked

Tricked Fascinated

660 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Interviewer - "Why did you retire barry?"
    Barry Sanders - "Because the lions got rid of a lot of good guys that I thought helped our organization and showed me we were in a rebuilding stage."

Yeah... stellar idea, lets trade away one of our best players when we need them most.

:banghead:
  8. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

935 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    As good as Ware is we would all be shocked by how little we would get for him in a trade. It would be dumb to do it and wouldn't help the team with the awful players our coaches would pick......
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,925 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    The cap hit for trading him would be roughly the same as the cap hit for keeping him. That isn't the reason why trading him would be stupid.
  10. peaveyman

peaveyman New Member

1 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever read.
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,143 Messages
    1,317 Likes Received
    I would try a new a coach before I trade our most feared player.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,611 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: and :banghead:
  13. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,661 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    That worked great for the Chiefs.
  14. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,168 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Thank you, I have been thinking this very thing since last season, and I've been voicing that opinion after we lost to seatlle
  15. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,120 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    rantsports = bleacher report= sucks

Too bad they don't add them to the CowboysZone filter.
  16. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 Well-Known Member

1,182 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    feared? by who? Hes a big teddy bear
  17. malone1970

malone1970 Member

158 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :banghead: I can not believe that someone would post the most dumbest thing I have ever read on this website. There is no way that the Cowboys would part with Demarcus Ware:bang2: Jerry Jones has done alot of things that most fans do not agree with but he is not that crazy to trade Demarcus Ware!!!
  18. tko112204

tko112204 Active Member

594 Messages
    43 Likes Received

Can I get an example of how "little" you think we would get for Ware in trade?

Just curious...
  19. mgcowboy

mgcowboy Active Member

1,070 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    The guy is smart and he did predict all your reactions

"A lot of Cowboys fans are probably angrily shocked at such a statement"

Now i am not saying this is a good or bad idea..an idea that can be done or not...but you all need to take off your fan glasses and look at the overall benefit of the Dallas Cowboys....

Haven't you learn anything from the 89' trade?

:cool:
  20. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Active Member

972 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    I actually don't think this is that bad of an idea. I mean does it really hurt just to listen to offers? Just cause you listen doesn't mean you have to commit