1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas Cowboys Could Expedite Success by Trading DeMarcus Ware

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,851 Messages
    7,578 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  2. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we had a front office I could trust, I wouldn't mind a trade.

All the angst and outrage that we could actually consider this is funny. We have fans that care more about a player then the team. No one player is more important than the franchise.
  3. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've been on board the trade Ware wagon all season. But like others have said if the cap hit is going to be too big.. then hey. I'm no expert on that.

Do what ever is best for the team.
  4. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,862 Messages
    609 Likes Received

The Eagles had 6 starters out with injury and the evil teddy bear couldn't make a play the whole game other than the first play of the game...nobody fears Ware anymore..
  5. ykc

ykc Active Member

600 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    I agree with you. If we get 2 first rounds, this year below 15, I would make this trade. We are in rebuilding mode, lots of help with extra first round picks. When we don't make playoffs this year and next year, lot of fans will come around but it we wouldn't get much value for any of our stars then. Also our Front office is making much better picks in the top 2 rounds recently...
  6. Idgit

31,851 Messages
    7,578 Likes Received
    That must be so sad for you, believing that. Good luck with it.
  7. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    i swear to god we're down to bloggers just trolling for reaction these days. totally different situations and it COULDN'T be done these days.
  8. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
  9. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Well-Known Member

7,632 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    I'm all for trading Ware this offseason.

Look at what the Texans are doing without Mario Williams, and they didn't even get anything for him.

We can't get ransom b/c of his age, but we can get a pretty penny for him.
  10. jbravo316

jbravo316 Benched

166 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think any player on any team is beyond trading. You never know how desperate another team may be to get the guy they want. Teams will mortgage their souls down the road to get to the superbowl quickly. Look at the deals our stupid owner has made. Owners can get fans dreaming and running with blinders on bringing in what the same fans might believe is the savior of the franchise. Lord only knows what Denver would have gave for Payton Manning if it would of come down to it. I love my house, but if some knucklehead came up and offered me a certain ammount for it, I would move tomorrow. Now I don't think that we could get anything crazy for Ware at this point in his career, but would you take 3 darn good offensive lineman in a straight up trade? At this point I would. If Romo could sit in the pocket without having to run around, I would say come on and try to outscore us if you can. Just sayin.
  11. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,443 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    First of all, even HOF LBs like Ware do not bring in first round draft picks at his age and recent issues with neck/back.
  12. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,489 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    If we could expedite it by trading Ware, imagine what would happen if we traded Romo,Murray,Witten,Smith,Lee,Carter and dez.

We'd be SB champs every year!
  13. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,152 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
    I'm sure none of you were in favor of the hershel walker trade...
  14. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,872 Messages
    4,441 Likes Received
    Now why would you even say this? It's not factual and it's provocative. Do you really believe this? Did he put pressure on the QB? Did he make any plays in the running game? Did he generally contain the run? Where do you see him failing other than your perception he didn't get enough sacks?
  15. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,507 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I'd be willing to trade Ware for two first rounders and eat the cap hit for the move.

I think he is about to really decline hard now that he has hit 30. This has been his worst year in the league since his rookie year. In the past he used to get injured during the season but this year it actually started in TC. I wouldn't be surprised if he only plays 2 or 3 more years. Once he loses his explosiveness he will no longer be dominant as he has never been a great technician as a pass rusher and has never been much of a bullrusher.

I'd be fine to keep him since I enjoy having him in the Cowboys uniform but I also know if we keep him now we'll end up with just a good player the next couple of years and not a dominant one. At the end of that stretch we'd be left with nothing except some dead cap space.

Letting Seymour go has helped the Patriot try to rebuild their defense and I think we might be able to do the same with Ware. It was even worse for the Patriots since they were SB contenders and Seymour didn't have quite the same chronic health issue that Ware has had since the 2009 season.
  16. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,079 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    For the right price everyone should be on the table including Ware
  17. plymkr

plymkr Active Member

167 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    One major problem with Dallas trading Ware is the only GM that would over pay for him is unfortunately Jerry Jones. Jerry was smart enough to trade 2 first rounders for Galloway and Williams. The problem Dallas faces is there are no other GMs in the league as smart as Jerry. This reminds me of the 49ers trading Charles Haley. They got a 2nd rounder from us. I bet in this day and age of no trading nfl the most we would get is a 2nd or 3rd, unless of coarse your trading partner is Jerry jones.
  18. Idgit

31,851 Messages
    7,578 Likes Received
    Would you resign Spencer, then, if you moved Ware for two 1s?
  19. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Couldn't be dumberer than this. :laugh1:
  20. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,868 Messages
    621 Likes Received