1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas Cowboys Defense Has Folded When Games Have Mattered Most

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Nov 27, 2012.

1. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,940 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    the injuries are one thing. It's the lack of quality depth after those injuries that hurts the team.

Some teams can lose tons of guys and still perform. I dunno what's up with Dallas in tht regard.
  2. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    If you can't see how good Ratliff was when he was in games, I really don't value your opinion of football very much. Nor would any NFL defensive coach.
  3. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received

I agree with the extremely poor drafting. The Cowboys evaluation process is broken in several areas -- the main one is offensive lineman. They are horrible in the draft and not much better in FA.

In spite of this glaring weakness, if they want to improve overall as a team in the next few years they must fix the offensive line. That means spending higher picks and more of them on this position.
  4. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,898 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    Yes, a stud D-Lineman will really take this defense to a whole new level. Even if we were not able to upgrade at safety, a solid NT would likely result in more third and longs. And with Lee and Carter in the middle, I'd love that.

A stud NT that can collapse a pocket as well as be dominant versus the run, and we're looking at a top 5 unit.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,636 Messages
    4,507 Likes Received
    Quoting this just because it's graphically cool.
  6. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,483 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    The defense starts off looking pretty good almost every season and gets worse as the season goes on. This season has been no different this is the time of the year when the cracks start appearing.