1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Dallas Cowboys develop trust in Bill Callahan

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jobberone, Feb 18, 2013.

1. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,518 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    IRVING -- In only a year at Valley Ranch, Bill Callahan has made a fast climb.Hired on Jan. 12, 2012, as the offensive line coach and offensive coordinator, he is on the verge of becoming head coach Jason Garrett's right-hand man and taking over his offense.

Callahan has gained so much trust in the organization, Garrett and owner Jerry Jones openly talk about him taking over as the play-caller on game day, the job Garrett has had for the previous six years.

Even if they won't come out and explicitly announce the transfer of that duty, the Cowboys' trust in Callahan is clear.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/02/15/4625089/dallas-cowboys-develop-trust-in.html
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,607 Messages
    1,563 Likes Received
    That's nice....

Then next year after the O line does not improve because Callahan has nothing but JAGs to work with watch him get fired by the same bunch that supposedly TRUSTED him.
  3. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,330 Messages
    562 Likes Received
    Nothing says trust like finishing dead last in rushing
  4. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I'll admit that JG's play calling wasn't perfect this past year but don't ya think just maybe his hands were tied a bit because of not having a good OL.

I don't mind if Garrett isn't the play caller but will changing the play caller make us better at this point? I don't think so.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,493 Messages
    6,211 Likes Received
    What about the coaching do you think helped us to finish dead last in rushing?
  6. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

959 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    guess I'm missing something that makes this newsworthy but shouldn't Callahan already be Garrett's right hand man as he has been OC the whole time

edit: (even if it was in name only)
  7. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,239 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    JG's play calling was and has never been the problem, it has always been the OL, and execution of the plays, or non execution of the plays called.
    The only problem I had with JG is that sometimes he gets so caught up in waiting for the Defense to finally line up before he got the play called which would leave Romo and the offense a few seconds to get the ball snapped
  8. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    I think Callahan is a good choice, proven.