1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas Cowboys Draft: My Thoughts

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by garyv, Mar 1, 2011.

1. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I've tossed around the Peterson and Prince thing in the 1st Round than switched to the Offensive Line thing in the 1st Round but after I've put lots of thought into this #9 Pick in the 1st Round my choice is to do whatever is neccessary to improve the Pass Rush which will help the Defense and the Secondary. I'm thinking a DE (Cameron Jordan) or OLB (Quinn). We need more in your face players for Rob Ryans Defense and I don't want to risk waiting to see if Spencer is the answer. I would than look OL and Secondary in Rounds 2 and 3. I probably take a Safety in the early 2nd Round than look for the OL in the 3rd Round.
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,004 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think Tyron Smith is the best pick the Cowboys can make right now. (If he is still on the board)
  3. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    assuming we cant move down i have to agree.
  4. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Everytime I start thinking Tyron Smith I just don't know if hes a huge impact. He just seems like a Project Player to me and hes had a Knee Problem.
  5. Trace1015

Trace1015 Member

415 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Trade a third and grab peterson
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,004 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    There is way to much talent in the third round to do that. Especially in places like OL and DL. Lets not sabotage our draft because we want to move up 3 spots. There is talent in the first, second, and third rounds that the Cowboys can make good use of in positions of need.
  7. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sound thinking. Luckily the D-Line is by FAR the deepest talent pool at the top of the draft this year. So no need to blow the 9th pick way up there on a Lineman. We could get both a DB at 9 and a very good D-Line player in Round 2. Or even better trade down from #9 if possible.
  8. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,802 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    I would like to move back to mid 20s in the first, and try to pick up more picks.

Try to squeeze out something like this. Unreasonable, maybe. Unlikely, probably. Involving alot of moving around, definitely. Me mostly doing this just for fun, truly.

1)Jimmy Smith CB
    2)Gabe Carimi OT
    2)Justin Houston LB
    4)Deunta Williams S
    5)Guard
    6)Cb
    7) line