1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas Cowboys Post Season History

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by Hostile, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,058 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    You do have a chance, but I don't consider it a very good one. Seattle is tough at home. So is Tampa, so I think the Giants may struggle too.
  2. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've read your post. Clearly you refuse to read mine or maybe you refuse to comprehend. Please tell me how you plan on attacking Seattle's offense. Of course, I'm assuming you are going to the game to win. If that is the case, please tell me how your team will stop the Hawks Offense?
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    ah, the classic deflection post

just answer the man's question, as I too am intrigued
  4. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think they have a slim chance Hos. They don't match up well against the Hawks. The reason they made this run, is Williams 46 Def and 9 man fronts. As you recall, the great Bears Def (46 Def of Buddy Ryan) lost to the Phins win Marino spread them out and threw the ball all over the place. I think the Skins would have had a better match up against TB. They only have one really good WR, Galloway. The Hawks will spread them out, and the run down the stretch.
  5. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Based on this thread, after they Hawks game we will not hear from them again.
  6. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    we haven't heard from most of them, this guy in particular, until this week, so it wouldn't surprise me
  7. Manster68

Manster68 Well-Known Member

1,611 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Hostile,

Mind if I piggy back on a few things here?

1. SEVENTEEN different Dallas Cowboys have scored Super Bowl TDs:

- Duane Thomas
    - Lance Alworth
    - Mike Ditka
    - Drew Pearson
    - Percy Howard
    - Tony Dorsett
    - Butch Johnson
    - Golden Richards
    - Tony Hill
    - Mike Hegman
    - Billy Joe DuPree
    - Jay Novacek
    - Jimmie Jones
    - Michael Irvin
    - Alvin Harper
    - Emmitt Smith
    - James Washington

2. That is not counting the fact that Duane Thomas, Calvin Hill, and Leon Lett EACH FUMBLED AT THE ONE YARD LINE! So Hill and Lett could have easily been added to the list.

3. On Duane Thomas' fumble in SB V, the NFL Network just showed that play on their Top Ten Foul-Ups show. They clearly show center Dave Manders coming up with the ball in the end zone. So Manders could have been added to the list as well.

That would be 20 at this point.

4. Then there is the Jackie Smith touchdown drop.

So there could have been 21 Cowboys on that list easily!

5. One other tidbit.

In the five Super Bowl victories, the OPPONENT NEVER SCORED IN THE END ZONE MARKED "COWBOYS!"

In the three losses, they did.
  8. Hostile

119,058 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    Great stuff. Thank you.
  9. Burgundy&Gold

Burgundy&Gold New Member

226 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "I would be thrilled if we can get past Seattle to have that chance"

That was my first post. That somehow turned into everyone thinking I am overlooking the Seahawks and demanding I explain how we will do so. Since we seem to have a different grasp on the English language, I will let those of you who think I am dodging the question in on how we can beat them.

1. Seattle has one thing going for them in my opinion and that is an awesome home field advantage. But they have not beaten anybody and are not exactly battle tested coming into this game. In fact they had the weakest schedule in the entire NFL (106-150).

2. We are the low seed in the NFC and are ONLY a 3 and a half point underdog. Contrast this with the low seed in the AFC, Tennessee, getting 9 points to cover. Obviously the money masters in Las Vegas think we have more than just a shot in the great northwest.

3. Don't underestimate the emotional wave this team is riding now. This sort of thing tends to come into play in football more than any other sport.

4. For those who think we do not match up well against the pass happy Seahawks, did you know that the Skins are #3 in the NFL in yards per pass attempt? The only times our guys have struggled was against more of a downfield passing attack, not a West Coast Offense.

5. Say what you want about Joe Gibbs, the man knows how to get a team ready to play in December and January. I will take my chances with him going into a pressure cooker situation over Mike Holmgren.

Again, I wasn't going to go here but for some reason you guys thought I was talking smack and I was not in the least. Pro Football Weekly doesn't think it is so far fetched either.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/Scouts Eye/2007/eye123107.htm
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    this is the only good point you made, the intangible crap is just that, crap

you have though, struggled against great QBs, like Brady and Romo, and Matt Hasselback is having a heck of a season himself, I think their O is going to be too much for you to handle, and Todd Collins is going to be blitzed, and he's not going to risk too many throws, that's just how he is, so I don't think you score enough to keep up

I think you'll keep it close, but I don't see a win
  11. Hostile

119,058 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    Everyone? It looked to me like Dough Boy. He is "everyone?" Can he got to work for me tomorrow so I have another day off?

Yes, that is what you posted. Then he asked a question.

Simple question.

You seem to be focused on the probability or possibility. He's interested in your opinion of how. See, he asks again.

All he wants to know is your opinion of how to beat them. He's making that clear. You seem to understand this.

Why not? Is it a state secret. If you tell him will you have to kill him? He asks a 3rd time.

He even asked please three times through the course of the 3 posts. "Demanding you explain?" Asking "please" is demanding?

JMO, but you took his response to you way too personal and still are.
  12. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks Hos. You are correct, I was not making it personal. I just wanted to talk football. I don't think they match up well, but I'm always up for a respectful debate.
  13. Hostile

119,058 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    I got lucky. I happen to "grasp the English language."

:)
  14. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You do recall that the core of this team was the NFC Champ and played in the Super Bowl two years ago. Also, they did beat the Tampa & Philly.

A quick study of your schedule shows you beat Philly and lost to Philly. You beat NYG and lost to NYG. The only playoffs team you beat was NYG and us. So saying that they didn't play anyone is akin to the pot calling the kettle black. You barley beat the Dolphins.
  15. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :lmao2: it's barely

your point was funny too ;0)
  16. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    that was in my country voice. since I used the pot and kettle, I thought I would keep with the theme. Its your fault. After the noice commit about km77 sigs, I had to be more creative. :laugh2:
  17. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    sorry, it's the iTunes
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,621 Messages
    5,531 Likes Received
    Really? I never knew that. Thanks for pointing that out.
  19. Burgundy&Gold

Burgundy&Gold New Member

226 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hostile and Dough-

I apologize if I got defensive, it just seemed to me that you thought I was overlooking Seattle and punching my ticket to Dallas when this was not at all the case, I hope you can see that.

If all you wanted was to talk matchups then I misread you. For what it's worth, I think their home field advantage is probably going to be too much for us to come out of there with a win. It is kind of house money though with all we have been through (not just Taylor but the ridiculous injuries and heart wrenching losses).

I think it would be exciting to play you guys down there in the playoffs for the first time ever.
  20. Cowboy Bill Watts

Cowboy Bill Watts Member

706 Messages
    1 Likes Received

and 42 super bowls counting this year.

no QB who has led the league in passing has ever won a SB in the same year.

the patriots are beatable...