1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Dallas Cowboys Report Card: Grading the Rookies Heading into Week 2

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by w8lifter, Sep 14, 2011.

1. w8lifter

w8lifter Member

510 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Dallas Cowboys Report Card: Grading the Rookies Heading into Week 2

As the disappointment from the Cowboys loss on Sunday wears off as the week progresses, fans can take solace in knowing that the Cowboys rookies have performed very well.

Offensive linemen Tyron Smith and Bill Nagy did their duty against the Jets on Sunday night to keep Tony Romo as clean as possible.

In lieu of the loss, there is still good news. For each Cowboys rookie from the draft, let's grade ‘em from Week 1.

For complete article and picture slide show: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...-week-2/page/2
  2. sunbum

sunbum Active Member

820 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    :confused:

Rookie grades:
    C+ = 2
    C- = 1
    D+ = 1
    D = 1
    Incomplete = 2

Unless there's a curve, I'd say those are some pretty poor grades.
  3. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,071 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    Frankly, I don't understand how he grades. He talks about how well Nagy and Smith played in week 1, yet only gave them a C+.

Maybe he starts every draft pick at "C", then moves them up a notch if they play well and down a notch if they don't. Then by the end of the year they get a final grade. So if Smith and Nagy have another good game Sunday, he'll move them up to B-. If they play poorly, he'll knock them back to a C.

So a series of good games will eventually get them to an A. Meanwhile a series of bad games, players will drop down to an F. So by the end of the year, he has a final grade for all of them.

This is the only thing I can think of why the rankings are what they are.

???????????????????????
  4. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,110 Messages
    4,580 Likes Received