1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas likes Orson Charles in the 2nd?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Apr 14, 2012.

1. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,124 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    Cecil Lammey, who writes for the Denver Post is hearing that Dallas likes Orson Charles in the 2nd round. Expect them to make a move for a TE early in the draft.
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I read something similar today, I don't think it was specifically about Charles but they were saying there are several TE's Dallas likes that could be 2nd round targets.
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,914 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    here we go again. Lose a TE pick one up in round 2 when he barely going to get a chance to shine behind witten.:bang2: We should not waste a 2nd rounder on a blocking TE.
  4. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received

Fleener in the 2nd would be great.

But the other guys, not so much. Not sure why they keep going for TE's in the 2nd round, when you have a Hall of Fame tight end.

I can see if a stud like Fleener falls, but not reaching for guys like they did with Fasano and Bennett
  5. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,487 Messages
    813 Likes Received
    I will break something if we go TE in the second again, even if it is Fleener. Phillips is exactly what this team needs behind Witten. Stick with what we have and bring in a late round blocker or an April cut.
  6. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I have in the past, not this year. Witten although amazing is losing a step and his blocking is on the decline. Phillips has failed to this point to follow up the hype after his injury and there is not a 3rd TE on the roster.

Fleener is a game changer. I would be ecstatic with the pick.
  7. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Fleener would be a great pick, and would help out this offense greatly.

If he's gone, then wait til the mid rounds to get a TE.
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,089 Messages
    1,281 Likes Received
    No Tight Ends.

Tyia.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    Damn that Bennett.
  10. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,038 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I don't want a TE in the top three rounds but that's just me. I wouldn't hate Fleener but I don't think he will make it to us in the 2nd. I want a C/G, S, CB, DL in the second and third rounds, depending on how the first pick goes and so on.
  11. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,138 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    I would take Fleener in the second but can't fathom him sinking to our pick.

Drafting a TE high just doesn't make sense to me. I'd much rather see some secondary depth or anywhere on the line.
  12. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,672 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Great point. Fans might not like that Dallas is looking for TEs, but it is a position of need.
  13. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    With the Vickers signing, I thought we would be more of a traditional 2-back, I-form system.

I don't understand TE in the 2nd round. This team has too many other needs at OL and DL.
  14. mensaone

mensaone Benched

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Fleener goes to the Colts

having Luck why not pick one of his favorite targets

I looking at Hanna in the 5 th - Bryan - Ellision
  15. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,802 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Seriously?! We have too many holes to be taking a TE in the 2nd. Better spend on OL/DL.

I am pretty tired of Frazano and Bennett types of picks. Built your line!! Give your WR/RB/TE and extra 2 seconds and watch them all come open for Romo.
  16. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    Honestly, I think Orson Charles is a trade down option. I think he's a late 2nd, early 3rd round pick.
  17. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I guess I am just glutton for punishment, but I can understand it.

I absolutely do not have a problem utilizing a tight end in this offense. I think it's a great idea, actually. Unfortunately, Martellus Bennett wasn't that guy.

So as painful as it would be to see the team draft yet another TE, I would just hope this one is the right one. If all you are going to do is draft another blocker, just put in a sixth offensive lineman and call it what it is. Couldn't have been worse than Bennett.

But a real, pass catching TE could still add something, in my opinion.
  18. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,353 Messages
    585 Likes Received
    Would hate Charles in the 2nd.

Dude is undersized, and doesn't look like he has the greatest of hands. After watching Bennett trying to catch passes, the last thing I want at TE is another guy with stone mitts.

I'm rather have Fleener in the 2nd or Dwayne Allen in the 3rd. Or Hanna/Ladarius Green in the later rounds.
  19. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    So annoying that they're willing to chance it on developing guys along the OL but possibly not want to develop a guy who seems to have the ability like Phillips? (Assuming they were to draft a TE in the 2nd, hell even the 3rd)

Yeah I'll be pretty angry if they do that.
  20. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,089 Messages
    1,281 Likes Received
    "Hey, guys, instead of upgrading a position that impacts every single offensive play like center or guard, let's draft another 2nd round tight end, who'll only get about 1/3 of the offensive snaps and will be gone in a few years."

****ing brilliant. I will fall into a never ending pit of rage if this happens.