1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas Mavericks Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by juck, Oct 31, 2012.

1. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,126 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Who is it?
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,656 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    I know. I can't see how there can really be secrets about stuff like this with in today's world.
    They call him the "LeBron of Europe". Donnie's words, second hand, not mine.
    I don't buy it until I see it. Not the Lebron thing...because i know that can't be true...but any of it.
    They don't make this stuff up, so I'm sure there is an actual player. I just doubt he's the best since Dirk. Still, I am curious who this guy is so we can look him up.

Unless we somehow already hold the rights to someone, I don't see how we have an advantage.
  3. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,298 Messages
    1,189 Likes Received
    The Mavs are finding their footing and slowly working Dirk back into the mix.

Will be interesting to watch them around the trade deadline as Cuban promises they'll be active.

Collison and Mayo maturing this year into real NBA player is very important.
  4. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,126 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I think Kaman ,Brandon Wright,Dojo, and probably more gonna get traded. Kaman definitely. Good O horrid defense. We play so much better with Elton at the 5 next to Dirk.At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Cubes pulled off Dwight in the offseason. Its not working for him in LA.
  5. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,126 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Collison
    Mayo/
    Rudy Gay
    Dirk
    Dwight
  6. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,495 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I never said he is done, he just isn't at his prime anymore. he is still one of the best players in the league when healthy, but he won't dominate like he used to anymore
  7. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,126 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Every year people say this lol. :laugh2:
  8. MC KAos

7,495 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    every year since last year? :rolleyes:
  9. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,867 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Dirk is fine.
  10. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,298 Messages
    1,189 Likes Received
    It started before he won a title.

He was supposedly in decline then. Until he mutilated all those defenses in the playoffs.

He isn't relying on raw athleticism to be great. Just skill, size, conditioning. There's very little to believe he can't be effective at an elevated age.

He lacked quickness and speed when he entered the league at 19.
  11. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,126 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    +1 Stop making sense
  12. MC KAos

7,495 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I dont know who was saying that then, I never heard anything about him declining. The criticism I heard of dirk was all about his mental toughness, not his skills declining. You guys won't agree with me and will acuse me of beig a hater, but it's just a fact of life, he isn't as good as he was in his prime anymore and won't be at that level ever again. You are dreaming if u think 2011 dirk will return for more than a chameo every once in a while
  13. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,439 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    Wow I haven't seen this thread in weeks lol I was wondering why nobody posted but on second thought I knew right away. I can't lie I am a Mavs fan but this year has been just blah. Not too much into basketball this year, mainly because the Mavs are horrible lol
  14. DFWJC

22,656 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    Hang in there...it's getting better.

Plus all the non playoff team except the Mavs are stinking it up. And Houston is begging someone to take their playoff spot
    It could get fun here in a week or two
  15. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't worry, he's fine!

[IMG]
  16. DFWJC

22,656 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    In the Dallas Morning News today the Mavs players said that although they all realize its way too early to pay much attention to the standings, Rick Carlisle never quits reminding them that "this is a Playoff Franchise".

The in no way want to be the team that ends the current 12 consecutive year playoff streak.

GO MAVS
  17. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,126 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
    Ill remember this
  18. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,215 Messages
    4,335 Likes Received
    worst loss of the season.
  19. MC KAos

7,495 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Go ahead, but remember the part where I said that version of dirk will make chameos, much like 2003 Duncan shows up once every 15 games or so
  20. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,867 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    We gotta be hovering around the record for most overtime games / most overtime losses.