1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas mock, 1st Day

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Bob Sacamano, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    1st round Arkansas CB Chris Houston~5'10" 198

Combine measurements: 4.32 40, 4.12 short-shuttle, 1.50 10-yard dash, 10'02" broad-jump, 36" vert, 6.94 3-cone drill

the skinny: physical man-cover corner, one of the top shutdown corner types in this draft, is brimming w/ confidence, held Dwayne Jarrett, Dwayne Bowe and Robert Meachem to a combined 14 receptions, 168 yards and 1 TD as a Junior, only allowed 2, 100 yard receivers in 14 games in same year

2nd round Texas DE/OLB Brian Robison~6'3" 259

Combine measurements: 4.67 40, 6.89 3-cone drill, 1.49 10-yard dash, 4.26 short-shuttle, 40 1/2" vert, 10'01" broad-jump

the skinny: overachieving DE w/ the physical skill-set to match his intensity on the football field, a little raw as a prospect, but his pro potential is through the roof

3rd round Eastern Carolina WR Aundrae Allison~6' 198

Combine measurements: 4.39 40, 1.43 10-yard dash, 10'07" broad-jump, 37" vert

the skinny: a smooth athlete w/ tremendous ball-skills, balance and body-control, runs well after the catch and is a threat to stretch a D vertically, will work across the middle, and in traffic

to be continued
  2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,904 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    Trade down in the 1st and pick up an extra 3rd, 6th

1 - OG Justin Blalock Texas
    2 - WR Anthony Gonzalez tOSU or FB Leonard Rutgers
    3 - DT Kareem Brown the U
    3 - OLB Brian Robison Texas
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can see the Cowboys looking at Houston because he's got some talent...

Robison from Texas is a workout warrior, his production on the field isn't the same...
  4. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

8,292 Messages
    2,676 Likes Received
    good mock SIF however I would suggest picks as follows:

1: CB or OL (whichever is of higher value on our board at our pick)
    2: CB or OL (whichever was not picked in rd 1)
    3/4/5: NT/LB/WR (whichever is of higher value on our board when we pick)

while we will need WR going forward since our current WR are getting older, we definitely need a NT this year to spell Ferguson, to me that is a greater need than #5/6 WR or even LB.
  5. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Its a good mock....I love the Chris Houston pick...But i think its a round too early for Brian Robinson.....But i guess you could flip flop Aundrae Allison and Robinson and it would make it better....I've seen Allison rated right behind the " top 6" first round receivers( Johnson, Ginn, Mecham, Jarrett, Bowe, Rice).