1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by LatinMind, Feb 13, 2011.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,758 Messages
    1,858 Likes Received
    1. Robert Quinn OLB UNC
    Spencer has too many holes in his game. And with enough exp under his belt he should've been able to disguise them by now. But the same things that hurt him his rookie yr are still a issue today. Quinn and Ware will Dominate for years to come.

Alternate: Prince Amukamara, Trade Down

2. Phil Tayor NT Baylor

I have no doubt that there will be a big body in the middle this yr. Ratliff is versitile enough to play every spot on the DL. And with Ryans designs, Rat will be playing all over the place.

3. John Moffitt OG Wisconsin
    Big and a mauler. Comes from a program that knows how to play OL. Will take over for Kosier.

4. Deunta Williams FS UNC
    He will be worked in slow, but so what. After the guy is healthy he will be a allpro. He will have an IMPACT in 2011.

5. Casey Mathews ILB Oregon
    Has a motor that never stops. Can develope behind James for a yr or 2. Pedigree is there to be very good for yrs.

6. Kendric Burney CB UNC
    3 people from UNC in one draft? I hope so the program just knows how to produce defense. Burney will add solid depth at the 4th cb spot.

7. Dane Sanzenbacher WR Ohio State
    Guy is workhorse, good hands, good routes. When OSU needed a catch they went to him. IMO this is Dallas future Slot wr.
  2. 8FOR!3

8FOR!3 Well-Known Member

1,328 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    I still take Von Miller over Quinn, but I know that's not the cool thing to do right now. I would love to have Casey Matthews though, that's a family that knows how to play football. His grandad, uncle, cousin, brother, you name it played in the NFL. And he played a heck of a game in the national championship.
  3. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,229 Messages
    4,185 Likes Received
    I like it.
  4. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,907 Messages
    91 Likes Received

Getting the band back together!

Hows about Bruce Carter in the 5th and Marvin Austin instead of Taylor ? :D
  5. acer941

acer941 Member

254 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I would also
  6. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    A good case could be made for a UNC draft. They amased some awesome talent.
  7. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A+.... Best mock to date
  8. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Would be nice if it turned out that way...

Casey Matthews may not be as good as his last name states, so i'm not sure bout him.

Sanzenbacher is a really frail guy, but plays hard and makes the tough catches.

Love Quinn, Taylor, and Moffit...

Heard the boys were really checking out Burney at the senior bowl.
  9. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would not be mad at Jerry if he drafted all UNC guys

1 Robert Quinn, North Carolina (Jr.) DE
    2 Bruce Carter, North Carolina OLB
    3 Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina ISLBER
    4 Marvin Austin, North Carolina DT
    5 Deunta Williams, North Carolina FS
    6 Kendrick Burney, North Carolina CB
    7 Charles Brown, North Carolina CB

I'd take it
  10. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,758 Messages
    1,858 Likes Received
    I wouldnt call Sanzenbacher frail. He's not big or tall. But he goes over the middle as good as anybody in college football. Thats what you need in the slot. Thats how welker made a name for himself.

Mathews IMO needs some polishing. But I love the family he comes from and the way they approach the game.

I love Quinn and i think he could be Ware part 2. But IMO the guy that i think would be the best player from this draft is Deunta. The guy is amazing.
  11. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Never thought it would come together but hell, looking at that, why not!:D
  12. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And they even got OG Alan Pelc, North Carolina, 6-5 #310 we could get as a FA

:laugh2:
  13. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,426 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Why is my question ? what have you seen from miller thats better than quinn? to me Quinn looks head and shoulders above miller. better pass rush skills. better body type. i dunno just one mans opinion though.
  14. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,758 Messages
    1,858 Likes Received
    my thoughts too
  15. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,514 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    I love it!!!!!!! Just made a mess in my pants thinking about if dallas actually making that draft in reality
  16. 8FOR!3

8FOR!3 Well-Known Member

1,328 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    I'll take the guy with four years experience versus the guy with two. Considering neither of them played much their freshman year compared to a full time starter, you've only seen one real year out of Robert Quinn. He had 35 tackles and 11 sacks. This year Von Miller had 38 tackles and 11 sacks, but the year before that he had 17 sacks. That's big time potential to get to the quarterback. I know for a fact Von Miller will run a faster 40 at the combine. Well maybe not, but I would like to almost guarantee it. It's intangibles that make me prefer Von Miller though. I like his attitude and I don't think you can go wrong with him. Robert Quinn might have more potential but he seems like more of a risk, he's more green. Like you said though, it's just two different opinions. And heck, I'm a Longhorns fan wanting an Aggie ugh...:laugh2: