1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas Next QB

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jksmith269, Jan 2, 2006.

1. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've seen many talk about this QB or that one but Since we have no shot at a player like Quinn next year I'd like to see us go after Croyle from Alabama. I've watched him since he's been at Alabama and I really think he has what it takes to be a franchise QB. there isn't a throw he can't make and he has great touch. He's 6'3" 205# completed 59.4% of his passes and lost his best receiver early in the year. 2200 yards 13td's and 4 Int's while these numbers arent staggering you have to remember Alabama doesn't have a very good receiving core. I think with an offense like we have I really think he could flourish.

BTW I can't stand the talk of Young he will not be a good NFL QB. There has not been a Scrambling QB to win the SB even Steve Young and Elway admitted it wasn't until they learned to be a pockett QB's that they had real success....

Draft a Pockett QB not a scrambler.
  2. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I would love to get our hands on Jay Cutler. He's a mix of the best of both worlds.
  3. kingwhicker

kingwhicker BCRSA

3,290 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just don't think Croyle is going to pan out in the NFL because of injuries and such. If he does it will be several years playing behind someone else- Cutler I'd love to have.
  4. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jay Cutler

[IMG]
  5. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Croyle is too much of a question mark. He is way too frail and too many injuries in the past, plus he just isnt that good.
  6. jay cee

jay cee Active Member

2,900 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't watch much college football. But I have seen 'bama a few times over the past couple of years. I have not seen anything in Croyle that would lead me to believe that he will be a starting caliber NFL QB.

I guess anything is possible, he could be another Tom Brady.