1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas one of seven cities lining up to host Super Bowl LII

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 6, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,442 Messages
    2,299 Likes Received
    Earlier today, we pointed out that Indianapolis hopes to host Super Bowl LII, which will be played in MMXVIII.

But New Orleans and five other cities are believed to be interested in hosting the game, which is great news for the NFL, since greater competition results in greater bids results in greater profits for the NFL.

According to Jeff Duncan of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, the cities believed to be interested in hosting the game include New Orleans, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Miami, Minneapolis, and San Francisco.

Read more: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/06/seven-cities-lining-up-to-host-super-bowl-lii/
  2. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

33,549 Messages
    1,878 Likes Received
    Wonder what our chances are.
  3. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,044 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Well after the power issue w/ New Orleans dump, hopefully they drop off the list. Dallas needs another shot at hosting the Superbowl. It's been the one big event held there that hasn't gone too well, and majority of that was because of a freak ice storm.
  4. Ratmatt

Ratmatt Active Member

859 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    New Orleans will not drop off the list.That place is a big favorite of most people who go and attend these super bowls.New Orleans knows how to host a party.
  5. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,044 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Stadium is still a dump.
  6. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,602 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    It doesn't matter everybody still has a good time.
  7. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    the stadium is only about 4 hours of a week long event....I bet if you took a poll of all players and fans who attend bowls, and everyone else who matters which of all the super bowl locations they rank their favorites i bet youd be shocked at the very high percentage who would prefer NO over any other venue....

they know how to do it.....

we wont ever become a popular spot unfortunately ...with Dallas and Ft Worth fighting over crumbs everything will remain so spread out that the full effect will never be felt here.

its sad because we have the best stadium for the game
  8. loublue22

loublue22 Well-Known Member

2,037 Messages
    208 Likes Received
    Denver?

lol
  9. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

1,786 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    If this happens then they need to try to find a way where all superbowl activities
    are done in Arlington, maybe some in Fort Worth. Dallas shouldn't be in the picture tbh. Spreading things out like they did last time was idiotic. Not just because of the weather. If your not from the DFW then your obviously going to have a hard time getting around time.
  10. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,230 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Arlington is not the prettiest or easiest to get around in, no public transportation.

I think it should all be in Dallas, the victory area/arts district is actually very attractive.
  11. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

203 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The logistics here just don't work. There's not enough transportation options as is, and then you run into the problem of where to stay. Everything (airport, stadium, city) is just too spread out. Maybe if you centralize all the parties and such in Ft. Worth, it makes some sense. The stadium is the only good part of having it in Dallas.

New Orleans is definitely the best spot in the country for an event like this. The stadium is within close proximity to all the hotels, which are in close proximity to the french quarter. It's also just a fun city in general. They have all the entertainment options you'd ever want when hosting a big event.

I think the Super Bowl should be limited to only Miami, New Orleans, San Diego and maybe San Francisco (the future new stadium) in general though.

No one wants to go party in some random place like Detroit or Indiana. New York will be a cold disaster, and that stadium is also not really close to much else.

It's not even about the game anymore. This thing is such an event. If I'm spending $2000-$3000 per ticket, I want to go to a nice place like NOLA and really enjoy myself for 3-4 days without having to worry about traveling 20-30 miles to get where I need to be. Especially not in the cold.

They also need to make it on Saturday.
  12. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Irony?
  13. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    What's wrong with Denver? Have you ever been there?
  14. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,089 Messages
    1,155 Likes Received
    Don't count out SF's new stadium either. It is slated to be built soon just outside San Jose. I saw the plans and looks real nice. It is also near perfect weather in early Feb.
  15. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,442 Messages
    2,299 Likes Received
    Based on media feedback, they thought the NFL media center and most of the NFL stuff should've been in Fort Worth. Downtown has a better pedestrian atmosphere.

Media loved Indianapolis. The city was great to them and they got all-around good reviews.

Detroit was ok, but the weather is a bit of a deterrent.

SD and maybe Miami won't get another until they get a new stadium. I think.

Houston has a small shot, but it might depend on reviews from All-Star Weekend.

North Texas deserves a redemption super bowl experience.
  16. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

1,786 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    If that's the case then the Superbowl doesn't need to be in Dallas/Arlington. It's the very reason why New Orleans is such an attractive location for a Superbowl. Everything is in one general area. Most events are in walking distance of each other.
  17. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,514 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    I think he was LOLing more about the weather and the air. If the Steelers were to make it to the Superbowl in Denver, Ryan Clark wouldnt even be able to play.
  18. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,280 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    the average high/low is 60/48. way too cold for me to declare perfect weather.
  19. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,963 Messages
    1,859 Likes Received
    I think most know that was a freak of nature last time and they should be in the rotation of Super Bowl hosts.
  20. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,453 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    Were building a stadium here in Vegas soon (hopefully) I think we should have every major championship right here, the adult playground. Except for the NBA All Star Game, that was a disaster, kind of embarrasing also... SMH over that one. Wasn't the venue just some of the people that showed up for it.