1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas one of seven cities lining up to host Super Bowl LII

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 6, 2013.

1. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,553 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    There is more to do in the city of Dallas than pretty much anywhere else in the metroplex. It's also easier to get around as they have an actual train system. Arlington has not one single speck of transit whatsoever.
  2. StylisticS

8,553 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    Well at least Dallas has Dart though for you to get around. Not to mention that Uptown/Downtown/Deep Ellum/West End, etc. is starting to become active vibrant areas. Dallas just has more potential areas for people to enjoy their time there.

Now FW has the better downtown. Dallas has better everything else.
  3. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,065 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    That's a coaches worst nightmare. Make it to the big game, and have your players loose in Las Vegas for the two weeks building up to it. Yikes!
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,558 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    Have you been there since the renovations?
  5. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,564 Messages
    1,707 Likes Received
    What's wrong with Denver? It's one of the most beautiful cities in the country. I'd take Denver, as a city, over Dallas (or anywhere in Texas) any day of the week.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,558 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    I think our odds are good to get one of the next 5.

And I think our odds are great to get the 1st NCAA Football Playoff Championship Game.
  7. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,065 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    The last time I was there was in 2008, they had started some repairs/renovations, but not near completed. I noticed the outside is better than it was, but I'm not sure on the interior and what changes were made. Hopefully a lot, because pre-Katrina and right after Katrina, I never liked it.
  8. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,958 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    I dont think Arlington is going to get a chance to host a Superbowl for a while, after the debacle of the seating because of a permit and the weather and the city wasn't prepared for it, they'll probably hold it against Jerry and the Cowboys for some time....
  9. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You speak as if that was the major issue at play. The seating debacle overshadowed even the game.

They'll get another SB in North Texas bc JJ can afford an astronomical bid, but we certainly dont "deserve" anything. DFW is too spread out to make for a truly great SB week even without the high chances of bad winter weather.
  10. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,065 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    The storm was the MAJOR issue during the Super Bowl. That fact that entire city was basically shut down was one of the primary reasons that the seating debacle even occurred.
  11. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Uhh. They waited till the last minute for the fire inspection and the temporary seat installation. On top of that, the only reason they got into that situation was bc JJ wanted to break the attendance record in order to pat his ego on the behind. Can't blame all of that on the ice.

It's not like the team ever requires use the stadium in January. They waited till the last minute to get everything done and it blew up in Jerry's face. Weather was bad, but seating was the PR disaster from hell, and the main reason why we're not in the race for a SB until after 2018.

Like I said, JJ will buy North Texas another SB, but the area is so spread out and the weather is so sporadic, that it might not be great. Another thing I just read is that Ft. Worth likely doesn't have enough hotel rooms to enable centralization of all activities to that area. It'll likely be a mess again.
  12. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,065 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Delaying the work was partially at fault, but without the entire Metroplex being covered in a layer of ice, it would have been completed, thus the storm was the main factor.
  13. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,227 Messages
    7,055 Likes Received
    The nature wasn't so much the issue as it was DFW's response to it, as well as the seating situation. That was just icing on the cake.
  14. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

2,219 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    I get that, all I'm saying is if your going to have a large event like the Superbowl don't spread it out 30 miles. It's kinda stupid.
  15. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,290 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    Indy will get another and probably soon I'd guess. By all accounts, it was a huge success. Lucas Oil is a great stadium and everything is close including airport and hotels
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    It's reasonable to think there wouldn't be a seating debacle again isn't there? After all revisiting that disaster would all but guarantee there would never be another SB in Cowboys stadium ever again.
  17. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Oh of course not. They'd obviously go out of the way to put together a great show.

Overall, the logistics of having such an event back in north texas really don't add up. You have the world's best stadium essentially in the middle of nowhere.
  18. StylisticS

8,553 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    I agree with you here. But this is the metroplex. Everybody wants to the big dog. But when they get an event they call on big brother Dallas to give them help. Bottom line is Dallas and FW houses 95% of the amenities that matter to people for that type of weekend in the metroplex. Dallas proper can handle all the events too. It has more to do and it's easier to get around if you don't want to be hassled with a car. You can fly into DFW and get to downtown using DART starting in 2014. I think the Final Four is there in a couple years. Lets see how that works.
  19. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,496 Messages
    2,904 Likes Received
    Yea, I think you might be on to something.

Kinda like with all of this bogus cap penalty stuff, just seems like the other owners/Goddell are pissed at Jerry right now. Dont know what about, but it just seems like they all have it in for him right now.
  20. Blitzen32

Blitzen32 Member

205 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Why do you think JJ allowed it to be swept under the rug so easily? He wants votes for another Super Bowl. Everything he does is calculated around money and more money.