1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas slipping in merchandise sales

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by mmillman, Jan 3, 2013.

1. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Dallas was perennially the number 1 team in merchandise sales. They have now slipped to 4th for 2012. I think this might be what finally gets Jerruh's attention.
  2. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,156 Messages
    1,932 Likes Received
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,019 Messages
    7,761 Likes Received
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,691 Messages
    1,498 Likes Received
    That and the TV ratings. That is why I dont think he can trot this coaching staff and similar roster out there next year. Casual fan doesnt believe anymore.
  5. Nunez21

Nunez21 Active Member

281 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    I believe it
  6. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    there is a whole new generation of NFL fans that don't think Dallas is a good franchise. My son likes New England despite my best attempts. Can't really blame him Dallas is so painful to watch.
  7. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,156 Messages
    1,932 Likes Received
    I suspect the Cowboys still were #1 in TV ratings this season.
  8. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

244 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    15-20 years ago I would be concerned but in the days of revenue sharing now it's less of an impact financially on Jerry Jones and the Cowboys organization. By the way who were the top three?

Edit- Clicked the link and question was answered thanks!
  9. pastordug

pastordug Active Member

165 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    MONEY has ALWAYS gotten his attention.......and hearing him speak this past week leads me to think he KNOWS something MUST be done. However imo it will have nothing to do with Romo. We are STUCK with this guy at least for another year...:bang2:
  10. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,917 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    The last game vs the Redskins will probably pull us to the #1 slot... It had an 18.9 share, the largest for a non playoff game in 15 years. However our slump is very real and removing that game we were not on track for #1.
  11. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,347 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Eh the only thing that can get Jerry to panic is consecutive losing seasons. 8-8 seasons are A-OK (don't buy into his "major changes are coming" talk from this week)
  12. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,484 Messages
    455 Likes Received
  13. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

971 Messages
    561 Likes Received
    That's the bad part, we have a new generation growing up who have never seen the Cowboys be a great team.
  14. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    Or even a really good team.

I haven't bought any Cowboys merchandise in 5 years and won't until Jerry is gone because I don't think he cares about winning and is only in it for the money.
  15. Cowboy Brian

11,917 Messages
    340 Likes Received
  16. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,314 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    Now if the merchandising ranking falls AND the cowboys fall from the top 1-3 valuable franchises in the NFL...Jerry will start feeling the heat and change some things.

Although even that does not mean it will change for the better concerning what is best for the team to win. It means as a businessman Jerry will find ways to make more money and sell more.

One impressive thing to consider about being the top valued franchise in the NFL is we are doing it without a stadium sponsor.

I think the other two teams (New England and Washington) both have sponsors for the stadiums.
  17. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,588 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Yep, Fedex Field LOL
  18. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    A lot of that is driven by player specific sales and with the hot crop of rookies like Luck, RG3 and others and no one on the Cowboys I'm sure that had an influence.
  19. Cowboy Brian

11,917 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Claiborne really should have been able to generate more sales. Not on the level of RG3 or Luck but I feel he wasn't marketed up to Cowboys standards.
  20. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,207 Likes Received
    Does it matter?