1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas slipping in merchandise sales

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by mmillman, Jan 3, 2013.

1. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    All I saw was "Dallas slipping in" and it reminded me of a very popular movie. :cool:
  2. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Ultimately no -- it does not.

It matters no more than the value of the franchise really.

Neither has ANY bearing on actual team performance itself.
  3. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,073 Messages
    3,040 Likes Received
    Right.

Win and we move to the top by a huge margin. Best looking colors and the bandwagon plays loudest where it matters most.
  4. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Not to us as fans on the surface but it does to people like Jerry who takes that money and invests it in the premier sports facility in the world. He gets the money to do the marketing and do the upgrades that we all enjoy when we do go to the games because of revenue streams like that, so at some point, on some level it does matter.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,073 Messages
    3,040 Likes Received
    I don't care how much money he makes or loses.
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,534 Messages
    1,801 Likes Received
    Yep. That's it and that's all I would say.

Other than Dez, there isn't really a superstar on this team, and he didn't establish himself until later in the year.

I'd be shocked if the Cowboys place in those rankings doesn't increase next year.
  7. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,350 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Hopefully we just keep falling further until Jerry gets serious about winning.
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,422 Messages
    5,983 Likes Received
    if they took a poll of nfl fans age 25 and younger, i doubt cowboys would even be in the top 10 popularity wise.

during the boom era of the nfl, the cowboys have been an embarrassment. they have not endeared themselves to the new younger fanbase. this will affect business in the future.
  9. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,350 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Good. So long as there's no winning, I wish nothing but the worst for Jerry and his wallet.
  10. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I think Jerry is serious about winning. I just think he is terribly misguided to think he is the guy to make the football decisions to get there.
  11. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,143 Messages
    830 Likes Received
    I think he is serious about winning only if winning means he gets all of the credit.

He was serious about winning when Jimmy was building him a juggernaught, but he couldn't stand being in the back seat. 17 years of futility later, if he was truly serious about winning, a rational and serious person would realize its not going to happen this way and make changes.

He almost did it with Parcells. Almost got serious enough about winning to let go of the reigns. But then Parcell's teams started looking good and Bill burned out and he couldn't deny The Precious....
  12. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    That is the whole problem right there. People with real knowledge aren't making the final call. The whole "Socks to jocks" thing has come full circle to bite him in the butt.
  13. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,605 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Jerry would rather lose his way than win it all someone else's way. He makes me want to break things when he starts talking about why they won or lost. There are writers for Bleacher Report who know more about the game than he does.
  14. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,797 Messages
    1,811 Likes Received

Actually it has always been revenue sharing.. That was one of Jerry's biggest concerns when he bought the Cowboys. He didn't think it was right that if the cowboys, Raiders, Steelers at the time sold 25% [just a guess] of the merchandise, why should it be split amongst all teams. Why shouldn't he get his share of selling more merchandise. Get his allotted percentage. Why should his team sales carry a team in a smaller market, smaller merchandise sales, like a team such as say the Saints at the time when they were always near bottom.

Now teams can go do their own deals such as he did.

But you're right, 20 years ago would be bigger concern.
  15. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yeah, Jerry and Robert Kraft broke those flood gates. Jerry with his Pepsi deal.
  16. LongSnapper

LongSnapper Member

747 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    You guys are preaching to the choir I've said this for a couple of seasons now just to be brushed aside there is an entire generation of fans that Jerry has lost he better get on the ball or the ramification$ will be real.
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Good work guys.. Keep it up. Money talks.

I didn't buy a thing this year.
  18. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    703 Likes Received
    I have done my part. I refuse to spend a dime on this team until changes are made.
  19. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

5,013 Messages
    378 Likes Received
    terrible way to run a football team if this is what he's basing football decisions on

win and all problems are solved, like a rising tide lifts all boats, winning will increase sales, viewership, etc...the TMZ approach is getting real old
  20. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,140 Messages
    482 Likes Received