1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas Stars 2013-2014 Season

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by RastaRocket, Oct 3, 2013.

1. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

6,087 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    The season starts in a few minutes! Exciting time do be a Stars fan. If you are in Dallas and don't watch hockey; I would advise that you start paying attention and supporting this team. They are very young and have lots of talent. For all of you who are Stars fans (or other fans) we can discuss hockey here.

Benn was named el Capitan recently with Robidas and Whitney getting the A's. Nichushkin will be our 3rd line RW to start the season and he will wear #43 so keep an eye out for the nuke. Alex Chiasson who came up from the minors last year and went on a tear before getting hurt has cracked the top 6; he will be our 2nd line RW with Whitney and Eakin. Seguin is wearing #91 this season and will be our #1C as expected; he is working with Benn on the left and Cole on the right.

Go Stars!
  2. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,625 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    Great off season for the Stars! I actually get to go to my first ever Stars game on the 28th when they play Buffalo. Go Stars!!
  3. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,625 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    Sloppy opener. Showed the same signs that killed last season too. Poor passing, poor shooting, and poor defense. We can't have Kari make 40 saves every single game and we also we can't miss wide open shots. Lots of optimism continues though as Rome wasn't built in a day. Things will click eventually. Go Stars
  4. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

7,298 Messages
    2,409 Likes Received
    I worked a flight once that Mike Modano was on & he sure was a nice guy.

I didn't know much about him but looked him up soon after & what a great player!
  5. RastaRocket

6,087 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    They are definitely a work in progress and played sloppy tonight. It's going to happen that's for sure. I kind of agree with what Ruff had to say in the post game and they came out thinking it would be easy based on pre-season success. Oh well, it's game 1 of an 82 game season. I believe they will be a bubble team again this year but should hopefully lock down a lower seed. Getting into the playoffs is a successful season for me.

I thought Nichushkin looked solid tonight and it seems Benn-Seguin still need to get used to playing together. They looked sharp in the pre-season but off tonight.
  6. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

7,298 Messages
    2,409 Likes Received
    Hockey is a great sport & the live games are really fun.

It doesn't always translate so well to TV though.
  7. RastaRocket

6,087 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    First win of the season!
  8. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,625 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    I missed this game bro. Tell me how it went tonight
  9. RastaRocket

6,087 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    I just saw the 3rd... but from reading defense is still meh but we created a lot of scoring chances. Chiasson scored again so that's really good. Not sure how Nichushkin did.
    TheCowboy likes this.
  10. RastaRocket

6,087 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    Big game for Seguin tonight. 4 point game in a 4-1 win. 2 goals and 2 assists.

Thanks Boston!
  11. RastaRocket

6,087 Messages
    503 Likes Received
  12. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,625 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    What a turnaround from last year. Last year's Stars were so depressing. This Stars team is fun to watch, but still didn't get a chance to see the game last night. Meanwhile the Sabres fans are dead quiet up here.. Awesome
  13. RastaRocket

6,087 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    It's certainly clear the defense has major issues right now. If it doesn't get fixed they aren't going to go too far. Plenty of exciting things to watch but the defense will hold them down especially if Kari isn't playing.
  14. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,625 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    I think we are the only Stars fans on this board bro haha
  15. RastaRocket

6,087 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    Ya it's disappointing haha. Support your hockey team Cowboys fans!
  16. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,625 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    I'll be at the game tonight sporting my Modano jersey. Me and my buddy will be waving a huge Texas flag lol hopefully we make it on TV
  17. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,597 Messages
    416 Likes Received
    Booyah! Sweep of the road trip! (Ottawa Senators, Boston Bruins, Detroit Red Wings) At least there is Dallas Stars fans that are also Cowboys fans somewhere on this damn planet! Can't get people to talk Stars anywhere a Stars blog site which I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post here
  18. RastaRocket

6,087 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    They had a great road trip, and beat 3 very good NHL teams, and then played a very tough game against Chicago where the final score looked far more lopsided than the game actually was. This team has a VERY promising not too distant future. Nichushkin is improving at a very fast pace and is a much better player now than he was just a couple of weeks ago even though the points don't show it. Kari is easily an elite goaltender and he has shown it as of late, right now he's probably top 5 in the league. Our defense needs work but that will come because we have some promising defenders in the farm. They have been a fun team to watch this season. Hopefully they make the post season but right now the West is tough sledding.

Oh, and if you are looking for a great place to talk Stars hockey and hockey in general then you can go here.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/
  19. RastaRocket

6,087 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    Hat trick for Seguin!
  20. RastaRocket

6,087 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    FOUR GOALS FOR SEGUIN!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOT