1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas still needs coaches

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by supercowboy8, Feb 1, 2013.

1. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    I don't think any banning would happen if once in awhile you make a comment about Jerry doing something stupid.

It's the over and over and over, every day, every day kind of thing.

Do I think Jerry doing things right? Not necessarily, but since I don't harp on it day after day, I think I'm safe. Maybe.

;)
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,916 Messages
    7,665 Likes Received
    Guys, Reality's sticky needs to speak for itself, so I'm not going to offer an interpretation. But I personally think a good rule of thumb is to simply add value to the conversations you engage in. Nobody wants to drive good posters away just because they're critical. This team deserves plenty of criticism. But there's a world of difference between being critical and adding to a discussion and being negative for the sole purpose of detracting from a discussion.

I'll wager that every single one of us could name posters (don't, but we all could) that we recognize are only here to damage the quality of discussion in the threads. There's no need for that, and it's unwanted. The challenge is in how to eliminate it in a way that's fair to other posters who truly want to operate within both the guidelines and in good faith. Honestly, that sticky post should be seen by everybody--realists and optimists alike--as a very good thing for the community.

If the bar is set at 'don't be an annoying jerk, all the time; and be respectful, please" it's not really all that high a bar.
  3. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    I have already noticed a change in this board since Reality's post. And that is a good thing.

The Romo haters have calmed down, they know who they are.

The Jerry haters have calmed down, they know who they are.

The Garrett haters have calmed down, they know who they are.

And, hopefully they are all real Cowboy fans. Some I'm not sure. But, frustration does set in, and like spilled milk, what's been done is done. We cannot go back, so why bring it up? ;)

But, somethings do get funny at times. I sometimes laugh like...