1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas vs. KC

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by EveryoneElse, Dec 8, 2005.

1. EveryoneElse

EveryoneElse Active Member

3,877 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just got this bad feeling in my gut as I saw the preview of Trent Green's interview on NFL Network. Dallas and KC are two teams that are in common situations. Both are in a fight to make the playoffs. The big difference I see, is the ATTITUDE of both teams. They are in, and have been in fight back mode for most the season, while we were in the cat birds seat for a while there and now we're hanging on by a thread.

Basically what I'm saying is.....

IMO, and I could be totally off base here, we are in a panic. We had a shot to slap the giants in the face and cruise into the playoffs last week. Now we, more than likely, have to go atleast 3-1 to make the playoffs.

The Cheifs on the other hand have been getting better as the year has worn on, and they have an "Us against the world" type attitude. That is what scares me.

With that being said....

My heart says Dallas 8-5 after this game....
    My head says Dallas 7-6 after this game.

I hope my heart is right.

Any thoughts?
  2. Archie F. Swin

Archie F. Swin New Member

39 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It will be the 'Boys ability to stuff the run vs the Chiefs' ability to get at Drew. My view is horrorably skewed, but I see KC as a more dynamic team offensively. You can't deny the fact that the 'Boys have allowed far fewer points than the Chiefs this season. One weakness of the Chiefs of late has been defending kick returns. This game could easilly be won by Hall or Thompson takin one all the way. There's no doubt Dante has one left in him this season.
  3. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,483 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    If I were just a normal NFL fan without following the Boys I would tell you that KC will destroy DAllas.

But seriously can we argue?

I mean we got a very good Defense that is and will be the only reason we win or stay in the game....But come on if our offense is a bigger threat to us then how can we expect to win.

MY heart says DAllas puts it together and comes out with a win but my head is saying OH crap not again.
  4. DallasDomination

6,483 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    The chiefs have 2 strengths coming into the game. One is a balanced offense and the second is a good Special teams.

DAllas on the other hand only has a very good Defense with an Average, mediocore at times Offense.

But I will say this much if JJ does decide to step up regardless of this horrific Oline Watch out because then that just turns the tables and it allows a team such as DAllas or any for that matter to open the play book and be productive.
  5. Shaun

Shaun Member

317 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Apparently, the Chiefs are more talented on both sides of the ball. Add to that Surtain is better than Newman, Knight and Roy Williams are about the same player, and Warfield is easily better than Anthony Henry.

This is what goes wrong when you judge talent from a stat sheet.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130802
  6. DallasDomination

6,483 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Judging talent on pure stats is idiotic....But either way Henry Glenn and Newman are very good regardless of your personal opinion about them.
  7. Shaun

Shaun Member

317 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That isn't my opinion. I am referring to the opinion of the individual who started the post I linked.
  8. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 Well-Known Member

1,485 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Wow, those guys are fools

one of em predicting another 160 yd game and 3 td performance for larry johnson

boy will he be in for a suprise
  9. Archie F. Swin

Archie F. Swin New Member

39 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gotta give the guy credit...that's lots of typing and the Kennison vs. Glenn thing is hilarious!
  10. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just don't start with the "we're still alive if ..." chatter if we lose this game. I won't be in the mood.
  11. panther1012

panther1012 Member

129 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just finished watching the KC-Denver game again from this past weekend. Fellas, it does not look good. KC has an OL that can flat out dominate. They have a big, fast back that will break at least 1-2 long runs on us. They have Dante for getting good field position on the punt and kick-return game. To put it mildly, this is probably the best offensive team we have faced this year. If they score more than 24, we're done for.

They only saving grace is the fact their defense is weak on the pass game. Our only shot is to control the clock by running the ball to keep that high octane offense at the Gatorade cart. We must keep Drew upright to complete his passes and we need a big game from one of our recievers.
  12. wesleyc288

wesleyc288 Believer

720 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yep, right on.....We better show up this Sunday, or we are done for
  13. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I dont' know why you expected us to cruise past the Giants, and dont' you think Dallas will have that same attitude the chiefs had, if both are fighting for a playoff spot, now that we lost 2 straight?
  14. TunaFan33

TunaFan33 Benched

1,824 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yep-a fluke play was the difference in the Giants game. It wasn't like Eli set the world on fire either.
  15. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    dude in the 1st post said A Henry is having a "decent" year

but other than that, he did a pretty good job, although I dont' like the shot he took at Spears, Spears is doing pretty well, although it doesn't show up on the stat sheet
  16. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    call me a homer, but the Chief's O doesn't impress me, I think we've shutdown better offenses
  17. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    doesn't matter, the Giants are a good team, so are we

still dont' see how any of the 2 could expect to just cruise past the other...
  18. GoChiefs

GoChiefs New Member

51 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow. I think you've made a gross miscalculation.

How can you not be impressed? We just put 171 yards on the #1 run defense.
  19. TunaFan33

TunaFan33 Benched

1,824 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know. The Giants are one of the elite teams in the NFL-acknowledged.

However-was just pointing out that they didn't cruise past us either. IF, let's say, WE came out on top instead, the headlines would have said "Eli isn't up to par like his brother", and not "The old shades of Drew are coming back".

Just from an objective POV-both QBs played subpar.
  20. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    guess I'll have to wait and see

we've shutdown alot of great running teams