1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Damned Tony Romo

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Houstonboys13, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Houstonboys13

Houstonboys13 Member

247 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    ARLINGTON (105.3 THE FAN) – Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don’t lie. And if you can’t handle the truth about Tony Romo, stop reading right now.

Damned Tony Romo! Because he’s the quarterback for America’s Team, where Jerry Jones sets the bar at “Super Bowl or bust” every season. Romo is damned if he does or damned if he doesn’t.

His incredible performance this season against the Denver Broncos, a Cowboys franchise record 506 yards passing and 5 touchdowns, included a game changing interception. Damn! It seemed to be a microcosm of his career! It had Romo haters screaming “Choke Artist!” from coast to coast. And it had Romo supporters arguing it was the Cowboys’ defense that cost them a 51-48 defeat at the hands of the best quarterback in the game today, Peyton Manning.

Damn! Romo can’t win the perception game.

Read the rest: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/10/09/damned-tony-romo/
  2. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,006 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    Nice article. It's so painfully obvious that it takes a great team to win in the NFL. Yet the haters choose to believe the national media talking heads.
  3. TTJJ

TTJJ Benched

25 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    how many times has he come up clutch in big time games again?
  4. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,744 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    After Tony's gone, the media goons will find another Cowboy to ridicule. After all, it is the Cowboys!
    CowboysRangers likes this.
  5. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received

Apparently never, cuz every time a "big game" is won it is no longer counted as a "Big game".

According to the haters anyway...
    Cebrin likes this.
  6. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

753 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    Yeah, apparently beating Phili three times to win a playoff game with a crappy offense made up of Miles Austin, Roy Williams, Felix Jones and a soon to be released Offenseive Line wasn't winning big.
    Rack Bauer likes this.
  7. TTJJ

TTJJ Benched

25 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    ok thats one.

but seriously, hasnt it been 6 or 7 years? how many sports journalists NATIONWIDE who played the game nearly unanimously say the same thing? when do you stop and ask yourself... maybe he is mentally incapable of ever getting it done. i mean, come ON!!! the list of bone head plays are a mile long. why would i cheer the feckless leader of my beloved team just to see him fail? i LOVE my Boyz. i WANT him to succeed. he cant tho. he is mentally incapable of doing so unfortunately.
  8. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,879 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    Once again, I will reiterate, .. I hope you are not including the Broncos game.

I have lost respect for many posters here this week who lump this game in with Tony's past history. That seems agenda driven and just piling on for that reason only.
  9. TTJJ

TTJJ Benched

25 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    of course i am. 2 minutes to play, tie game, game of the year (at that point mind you. this was supposed to be a blowout so tony had no pressure and he played out of his mind), pressure mounting, the great Peyton across the field, what does tony do? the usual.

and of course 500 and 5 were for naught. story of his career.
  10. WV Cowboy

10,879 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    Did you watch the game, have you seen the replay, did you hear Escobar?

Pick any other game and I might agree, but not this game.

Skins last year? bad decision and bad throw.
    End of Jets game? bad pick, .. maybe some fault to Dez but still.
    Detroit game? the first pick 6 to Barbie, .. all on Romo.

This game I simply can't fault Romo.

But that's ok, we can disagree, I'll just put your name on the list.
  11. TTJJ

TTJJ Benched

25 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    no problem man, we just disagree. and yes i heard Irvin say escobar shouldnt have rounded his route out and romo got bumped but he did have Demarco in the flat for 8. and ill take that list with pride. ;)
  12. WV Cowboy

10,879 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    LOL, .. it's not a complimentary list to be on.
  13. TTJJ

TTJJ Benched

25 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    there we go disagreeing again...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.