1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dan Connor

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Biggems, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,815 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    if he is there at 22, would you be upset if Dallas drafted him? How about if he slipped to 28.......would you be upset if Dallas drafted him there?

I know we are pretty deep at LB....however, he seems to always be around the ball. My biggest issue with Connor is the track history with PSU LBs.....they seem to be average at best in the NFL....even Lavar Arrington didn't really live up to the hype.....
  2. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Nope, they won't be drafting a LB high this year. There will be plenty of quality at cb and rb to choose from.
  3. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,815 Messages
    140 Likes Received

i didnt say they will........im saying would you be upset if they did draft Dan Connor with one of our first round picks
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Its kind of like asking if they draft Brohm, are you going to be upset. Its just not going to happen so why even worry.
  5. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes I'd be UPSET! Like speedkilz said, it's like drafting a QB #1, the need just isn't there and makes no sense. Now as far as drafting a MLB later(rounds 4-6) I'm all for that.
  6. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,048 Messages
    1,168 Likes Received
    Yes, I'd be very upset. You don't draft BPA. You draft best person that fits a need.
  7. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,815 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    for the record, i would be upset as well......i only brought it up, cause as I was perusing through the mocks.....I saw him with our 28 a few times...
  8. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I love Dan Connor and think he's going to be a great player but like Bobby Carpenter, he just would not fit in our defense.
  9. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I like Goff, but more towards the 4th.
  10. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,269 Messages
    2,465 Likes Received
    Dan Connor is a good college player, but he's grossly overweight and has a boorish wife named Roseanne. ;)
  11. windward

windward NFL Historian

15,169 Messages
    457 Likes Received
    :laugh2: I was thinking the same thing.
  12. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldnt be upset at all. Conner is a great player and I think Dallas lacks a great middle linebacker.
    I know we need DBs but something I almost never hear is the fact that we lack play makers at middle linebacker and thats very important in a 34 defense
  13. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,383 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    To be Honest, I've seen Better PSU linebackers.
  14. 5mics

5mics Next Year's Champions

1,827 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No way Biggs; I don't even want to sniff a LB until the 3rd at the earliest.....:D
  15. McCordsville Cowboy

McCordsville Cowboy Pro-Quinn

4,315 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Yes I'd be pissed....

He is a smaller Bobby Carpenter who also cant shed blocks...

He will be a good MLB if he has DT's to keep guards off of him. He has a nose for the ball and great instincts, but needs protection.