1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Dan Reeves quits!!!

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by rangers71, Feb 4, 2009.

1. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    right! The irony is that the Rams did not hire Garrett because he svcked so badly here, and as a result we lost out on replacing him with a real Offensive Coordinator in Reeves, only to be stuck with Garrett. And the saddest thing about it all is that Jerry Jones is just fine wth that.
  2. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received

Simple question... WHy did Jerry Jones choose Greg Ellis over Randy MOss, if he didn't care about the whiny fans and their love of a clean image that was the Cowboys?
  3. DaBoys4Life

DaBoys4Life Benched

15,621 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What so you means JJ doesn't just go out and get any thug he wants ZOMG that makes zero sense....your crazy jerry signs ex-cons just to win :chainsaw: :chop:
  4. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, I alleged that theo is "condescending and snarky." In this thread, I was sticking a pin in Fuzzy's similarly overinflated ego. Please try to pay attention.
  5. odog422

odog422 Well-Known Member

1,522 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Where's Fuzzy's reply to this.....?
  6. khiladi

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received

Funny thing is... People that defend Garrett come up with excuses like blaming Kosier for the collapse of this offense, as if the whole success of this offense is predicated on freakin' Kyle Kosier... Wow.... The way they talk about Kosier, it is as if he is the real MVP, the cog that makes the gigantic offense of the Cowboys run....
  7. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,203 Messages
    5,448 Likes Received
    There was no vote. He had the final say. He has said so. Coach Parcells has said it.

So where do you get the information that uses this specific construct of Jones functioning as a "tiebreaker" in terms of general manager responsibilities?

I will help you out and save you time. Any "vote" occurred when there was a three or four way debate in the draft room. That specifically was referred to by Jeff Ireland when he described the draft room dynamic.

But at no time did Jerry Jones surrender power to Coach Parcells to make a tiebreaker role feasible in the broad scope of GM responsibilities. The only true control Parcells exercised was over his coaching staff and that was specified in his contract.

But I will indulge your fantasy for a moment, so pay attention and try to compose a cogent response.

Who was the second party that had high level say that then Jerry Jones would have to step in (being the overseeing third party) to break the tie?

And doesn't the fact he can break a tie mean he has final say anyways?

You have taken some small sliver of commentary, none of which has come from the two major parties involved, and adopted that into your perception. But you aren't even smart enough to get it right to begin with.

As for the constant flow of BS you mention, that's basically what comes out of your posts on this topic.

You really should solicit Jones for a job. You would make a great minister of misinformation.

I don't present it as fact. If you see it that way, but that's your own little sad perception.

Source your tiebreaker hypothesis then.

Jones and Parcells' comments can back me up. It is all here. Click the little search button. I am not going to do it for you.

I am not going to jump through hoops to SOURCE things that anyone who has paid attention and retains information knows to be true.

I really think it is cute you constantly demand sources, yet don't bother to provide them yourself to support your argument to begin with.

I could care less what you "appreciate". If you don't like what I have to say, don't read it.

But please, please, please quit with the act that you are more impartial, more logical and rely less on "innuendo".

You are a Jones shill.

You rely on your unwavering cultish devotion to Jerry Jones and challenge anyone to produce SOURCES when honestly, nobody will ever provide them to your satisfaction and relies on the same foundation on which you build your own diametrically opposed theories on.

You consistently take opinion, attempt to portray that it was presented as fact and then demand SOURCES in some vain attempt to give yourself credibility.

Reality check: you have none.

Dunham said this:

I don't have to. The burden of proof would be on Dunham if he is reporting something completely out of character. Reeves has been clear about wanting to scratch the itch and get back into coaching. Yet you expect that this complete flip flop is to be believed without question?

So answer why he would interview for an offensive coordinator job yet balk at an even less accountable position?

Answer that for me and I might take the words of an obscure radio personality with more attention.

His source could very easily be from an organizational spin doctor. That would be right up your alley.
  8. khiladi

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Like I said, your so transparent it's lame... You were complaining about theogt getting personal... You got personal, like you always do... Like I said, the stench of hypocrisy..

Your sarcasm is tired and boring and over-used.. Really, your not funny... What's next? Your going to go scour the internet for some cheesy image to post on this forum...
  9. khiladi

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Now he signs them... He didn't right after the Michael Irvin fiasco... That is why he hired Calvin Hill... In fact, Jerry Jones clearly admitted to it...
  10. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You're = you are :bang2:

As for a cheesy photo, just scan your driver's license and save me the trouble.
  11. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,203 Messages
    5,448 Likes Received
    Really?
  12. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
    :laugh2:
  13. khiladi

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Wow... That joke goes up there with, look up doofus in the dictionary, there would be a picture of you... Where did you learn the above? Second, third grade... Not only that, resorting to grammar corrections on a forum of all places...

Maybe throw in a Jerry looks like skeletor joke in for attention grabber...
  14. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,046 Messages
    790 Likes Received

I see you found someone to alter that pic I posted ...... Why is the skipper not Wade?
  15. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    that is Wade
  16. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,148 Messages
    1,164 Likes Received
    I am really not suprised.

Its a new generation. Dan Reeves had problems when he was coaching the Broncos and the Falcons.

He is old school.

The "new" media with their "play by play" and the Farce that is the GM title at Ranch. Well... ya know...
  17. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,451 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    it is? separated at birth?
  18. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,046 Messages
    790 Likes Received
    Really???

[IMG] [IMG]

I honestly cannot tell the difference in these 2 pics except the "Wade one looks like he is squinting.

Thats uncanny
  19. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I know, it was pretty good

looks like he finished cutting right below Wade's nose
  20. fruitsnax

fruitsnax New Member

17 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought he was going to be some sort of consultant...much like Parcells is doing in Miami. I guess when Jerry actually thought about it....having Reeves report to him sounded too much like Reeves as the GM. It hurt him too much to let go of that power....so Jerry fired him before he started.

I like your pic, Mick