1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Dan Reeves quits!!!

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by rangers71, Feb 4, 2009.

1. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, I'm much more clever than that.

Which one of those grades did you have to repeat three times?

Consider it a public service. No one will hire you if you spell like a GED candidate crossed with a Hooters waitress.

I'd say he looks more like a mannequin. To each their own.
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    you're in for it now
  3. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,041 Messages
    442 Likes Received

I lost the sig bet on SB to Vintage :)
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,668 Messages
    429 Likes Received

[IMG] [IMG]
  5. RainMan

RainMan Makin' It Rain

3,125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry must have spent the last three days picking Reeves' brain for all the info he needed, and deemed his services were no longer needed.
  6. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,246 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    im happy reeves wont be involved with the cowboys.

dallas doesnt need another old coach, they need a tomlin type. reeves couldnt even relate to elway.
  7. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

23,471 Messages
    3,702 Likes Received
    He already had a Tomlin type before with Chan Gailey.

Changing coaches will not solve the problem.

We cannot even secure someone to occupy a non-accountable role like a "consultant".

It will take a special special type of coach to succeed in the environment that has been created here and a whole lot of talent.

Jones will continue to throw that excrement against the wall. I just have no idea what coach can take it off the wall and try to make something out of it.
  8. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,270 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    I bet Shanahan could.
  9. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL! Fuz gets his hind end owned again. But beware, he'll draw fallacy of causation like a gun. He'd bring Rooster Cogburn to his knees.
  10. DuaneThomas71

DuaneThomas71 Benched

175 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If only we had an environment more like the Arizona Cardinals.
  11. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

2,246 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    Folks I am truly embarrassed to be a Cowboys fan these days. This is unheard of. I'm a staunch supporter of Jerry Jones but to lose a guy like Reeves in less than 48hrs. speaks untold volumes about the organization and its direction. Jerry MUST look at himself now as a detriment to HIS own team which opens its next season in a beautiful new stadium which he is responsible for, with a talent laden yet directionless squad with no fortitude- because it has no leadership.

Jerry- its time to become the OWNER of the team only let Stephen run the show as he see fits. Noone will think worse of you for doing so. You've won your Super Bowls but YOUR team deserves more than you're providing right now. We love you Jerry but please do what's right for the Dallas Cowboys and their fans now. We deserve more, and your legacy does too.
  12. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

23,471 Messages
    3,702 Likes Received
    I think he could.

But I wonder if there would be an inability to "come to an agreement upon duties and/or compensation".

Shanahan has had GM duties in Denver and could easily crave them again. The idea that a simple consulting position causes this much thought and consternation leads me to believe that Jones is not willing to go back to the Eggshell Days.

Holmgren has had the duties and had them stripped and was humbled. Perhaps he would be willing to accept the challenge.
  13. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,938 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    good grief... this team needs an enema!
  14. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It didn't take him long to realize Jerry's screwed this place up so bad it's almost impossible to fix.
  15. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,022 Messages
    232 Likes Received
    I never really cared much for Reeves. I don't know what the big deal is.
  16. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,822 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    I'm trying to figure out what good he would've done here unless he was coaching. It's not like he's going to be the GM, not as long as Jerry is breathing.
  17. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    alexander george isnt an obscure radio personality. He is a big timer. He is also the cowboys pa guy in the stadium.

He has all kinds of access and he also lives in the same neigborhood as a number of employees of the cowboys. He has a number of sources and contacts. He is not one to embellish things either.

All of the jerry and owens defenders always run around saying parcells wanted owens here, and they got that info from george dunham saying on the ticket back in 06 that his sources told him parcells ok'd owens. He even said back then that he had neighbors who worked for the team and he was told that about parcells.

so just to clarify he has many sources. As do others at the ticket with the cowboys. That is why I believe corby davidson when he said they heard from their sources that their were some racial issues in the locker room, I know who his source is so I know they have them.
  18. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    teach Garrett how to run an offense and utilize personel to it's fullest.
  19. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

holmgren seems taylor made to be the next coach and that is probably why this circus is running at full speed again for one more year.
  20. DuaneThomas71

DuaneThomas71 Benched

175 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's he's not Jerry.

That's basically the rationale around here. Get a "football person," because after all, football people won't make mistakes.

Dan Reeves did a great job trading a first round pick to move up for Reggie Kelly (tight end, in case you don't know who that is...there's a reason for that) in the second round one year. That pick ended up being the 5th pick in the draft the next year.