1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dan Uggla

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by RoyTheHammer, Jul 8, 2013.

1. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Any Braves fans on here remember the nice little debate we've been having about this guy for a few years?

Anyone ready to admit yet that it was an awful contract to pay the guy all that money as he flirts with yet another season right around the Mendonza line?

Now apparently BJ Upton is looking to follow the same path.. all the way to some AAA baseball even.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,552 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    There was no way to predict that either guy would fall off like that so suddenly, especially Upton.
  3. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

3,120 Messages
    167 Likes Received
    I dislike them both. I was never happy with their signings; especially Upton's. He cost way too much money for what little he brings to the plate. I don't know what the Braves' management saw in him to give him such a huge contract.

But, at least with B.J. Upton he can put the ball in play. Uggla is a strikeout machine.

I don't know how the Braves continue to lead the division. I wouldn't be surprised to see a complete free fall after the All Star break.
  4. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    If i were the Braves i would not have given him what, at the time, was i think the biggest contract ever given to a position player to Uggla. He's never been a good hitter. He was a guy who would give you some homers, but he never hit for average and he struck out soo much. Bad choice to give a big contract to. I called that it would be a mistake and that he wouldn't be a good hitter for them.