1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dana White Eyeing Cowboys Stadium If St. Pierre Vs. Silva Ever Happens

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Hoofbite, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,273 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8...al-anderson-silva-georges-st-pierre-megafight

Don't care where, I want to see this fight.
  2. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,660 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Saw that! Everybodies been wanting this fight forever. Ive been saying ufc should put up a sick card and have it at cowboys stadium. Thatd be awesome
  3. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Active Member

681 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    This fight will never happen. St. Pierre gets nothing for fighting Silva.

It's a total mismatch size-wise if you ask me.

Silva walks around at 230 lbs. Georges walks around at 200 lbs.

If anything, Silva should be fighting Chris Weidman. That dude will whoop Silva.

Silva is 6' 1" St. Pierre is 5' 10"

This is not a "superfight"

The real superfight is Jon Jones vs. Silva, but that will never happen either because Silva wants to sustain his "aura" that he has going on in Brazil.
  4. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,660 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Ya it is a huge walk around weight difference. But I still feel its a super fight gsp could beat him if his knee is ok. Jon jones would whoop the spider!
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,522 Messages
    557 Likes Received
    Would be nice to have some winners in the building.

Yeah, I'm grumpy this morning.

GSP would have to out wrestle Silva to win, in my opinion. GSP has good stand up, but it's not on Silva's level and Silva has the reach advantage.
  6. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have a hard time believing GSP could keep Silva down long enough to not get knocked out.
  7. brucekr

brucekr Member

339 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I like both fighters, and if GSP could get Silva down, I have no doubt that he could beat him. That would be a closer fight than Jones/Silva. Jones would destroy him.
  8. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,368 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    GSP is a joke of a champion. Held the belt for like 4 years n has fought like 3 times. Could care less if he fights or not he has the style of a wet blanket.
  9. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,102 Messages
    504 Likes Received
    Would love to see this fight, and I also think Silva would win. He is something else.
  10. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

2,770 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    No one has really been at his level for about 8 years. That fluke loss to Serra was a minor set back. The only person to even challenge him was BJ Penn, and in the second fight he destroyed him, from what I remember.
  11. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,368 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    No one has been on his level the past 2 years cause he hasn't fought anyone he's a joke. I dunno I just hate GSP lol but I do think a big fight in Cowboys Stadium would be awesome!