1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Danny Coale tears ACL

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Sampson, Nov 17, 2012.

1. NorthDalal

NorthDalal Member

621 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    After the Danny Amendola debacle(some of us warned you and were ridiculed) and not even to mention the Jimmy Smith debacle, (since its probably too far in the past for many to remember),when are some of the commentators going to learn that WRs are developmental(!) and premature listing guys as injury busts means your going to cut pro bowlers off that flawed logic. Let's see Coale in TC.

Michael Irvin was an injury disappointment his first yr.Austin did nothing but take up a roster spot for three years.
  2. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    So, do to talk like that about everyone you encounter? Cause it sure sounds like hate to me.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,398 Messages
    8,300 Likes Received
    Sounds like a frustrated fan who wants to see his team win again, to me.

I'm right there with him. I'm tired of the injuries. Particularly at the RB position.
  4. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Not as convinced about Coale. He broke his foot in a non-contact drill and this is mostly bad luck.

ACL tears are quite common in twick-twitch athletes who have to make sudden changes in direction - RBs, DBs, LBs and WRs often go down so this is part of the business. He has had his injury early enough that he has a shot at TC next year which is still about 6 months away but I don't know how effective he will be at that stage.

I have to say that medically I don't lump Johnson and Coale in the same camp. I think there is very little chance that Johnson ever sees the field for us in any capacity (including a preseason game) but I think Coale will compete for a roster spot next season.

I wish the both of them good luck in their recoveries. We could use a good break on one of these mid-round picks.
  5. fortdick

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Yes, but it is the way folks say things. If you read Eskimo's post right below your's you will see how the same things can be said with some respect adding credibility to poster's opinion.

I can't respect someone who keeps saing, "he sucks" whenever someone doesn't live up to his expectations. That's whining, not discussion.

I believe Coale and Johnson will heal up and ball ball for the Cowboys. Why? Because they are Cowboys and I will support them until they prove they don't care about the team or winning. There are players on the team right now like that, but you won't hear me say they suck.
  6. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,028 Messages
    5,507 Likes Received
    Coale, a fifth-round pick out of Virginia Tech, suffered the injury during the special teams’ portion of Thursday’s practice while covering a kickoff. He was not touched on the play and needed a cart to get him to the locker room.

He will undergo surgery in a few weeks and the normal recovery from a torn ACL is 6-9 months, which would allow Coale to possibly be back for the June mini-camp.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4701527/danny-coales-season-over-with-acl-tear
  7. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,108 Messages
    2,743 Likes Received
    Agreed.
  8. EchoBrain22

EchoBrain22 beWaredizzle

228 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    2 words....Jimmy Smith
  9. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Smith was a different story - first year broke a bone. He played a bit at the end of the year but was about #4 of the depth chart.

The next year he ruptured his appendix in TC and missed the whole year from the complications.

The third year he was lost in the numbers game under the old Plan B FA.

So Smith's injuries were of a very different kind than Johnson who keeps blowing out his soft tissues in practice. I wish the kid luck but I don't think his body can handle NFL style workouts and practices so I really doubt it can hold up during games.

You have to remember that he missed a good part of his senior season from a subluxing biceps tendon. That should have been a bit of a medical red flag there as I've rarey seen that get operated upon in high level athletes. And yes, that was a soft tissue injury.
  10. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Geez, First Church with a non-contact injury and now Coale. Crazy bad luck.
  11. Risen Star

21,398 Messages
    8,300 Likes Received
    Yeah, see....I don't have much time for that mindset. You're basically telling me to never pay attention to anything you say on the team because you'll always spin it positive. Tell me what you really think not what you want to believe.

The fact that they are Cowboys doesn't play a role in their ability or durability.
  12. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,043 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    I see neither player being on the 2014 team
  13. Risen Star

21,398 Messages
    8,300 Likes Received
    That's probably right.

Oh well. We'll always have those fluff articles in the summer of 2012. Good times.
  14. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,963 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Don't get me wrong, I want to see Danny succeed as he is one of my favorite Hokies of all time. But my post had nothing to do with his success in the NFL, just that it is silly to imply we drafted a player made of "glass." 4 years as a starter in a run first offense without constant injuries should disprove that theory.
  15. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,019 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    i care more about johnson then coale so this really isnt something to get worked up about. like someone else mentioned he wasn't going to get his shot until next year anyway
  16. fortdick

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I see, if I think the guys can play and I am pulling for them, you don't have time for my opinion. I believe that the coaches and scouts know a whole lot more than a bunch of people on a message board.
  17. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But it doesn't. Quit living in the past. That's like saying Vince young is an elite quarterback, just because he was good in college. Dude has had 3 injuries since the start of his "NFL career"
  18. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,444 Messages
    2,059 Likes Received
    its not fair if you are going to counter with common sense
  19. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,887 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    Coale, a fifth-round pick out of Virginia Tech, suffered the injury during the special teams’ portion of Thursday’s practice while covering a kickoff. He was not touched on the play and needed a cart to get him to the locker room.

He will undergo surgery in a few weeks and the normal recovery from a torn ACL is 6-9 months, which would allow Coale to possibly be back for the June mini-camp.

Coale’s rookie season started badly when he suffered a stress fracture in the first organized team activity that required surgery in the spring. He missed parts of training camp and also had a hamstring strain. He caught two passes for 21 yards in limited preseason work.

He was among the Cowboys final cuts and has spent the season on the practice squad.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4701527/danny-coales-season-over-with-acl-tear

Oh, for sure, all is baren desert at Valley Ranch...but if you are using a divining rod to determine whether there is riches of water there yet, get your stick calibrated. One just doesn't know at this point.
  20. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,740 Messages
    5,146 Likes Received
    he is an RKG so he will heal in half the time.