1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DantheMan Mock 2.0

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dantheman41, Mar 30, 2013.

1. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,527 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    No offense, but you are arguing that we as a team should be following an awful drafting strategy. The OP's mock is fantastic, good work.
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,558 Messages
    2,429 Likes Received
    It's not the same position CBS. The 1 tech and 3 tech are very different.
    Anyway, it would not be my preference to go dline with the 1st two picks IF you had an olineman rated as high as one of them at either slot.
    But you take good players, and I liked both of those players where they were chosen.
    This draft managed to get two stud dlineman AND get two olineman that very well could start for Dallas
  3. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Like this better:

My Dream Mock Draft:

1) Jonathan Cooper OG UNC
    2) Kwane Short DT Purdue
    3) Bacarri Rambo S Georgia
    4) Brian Schwenke C Cal
    5) Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt
    6) Marquise Goodwin WR Texas

In this Draft you now have a starting Offensive Line with Tyron Smith @ Tackle, Jonathan Cooper @ Guard and Schwenke at Center which 3/5 of the OL has been retooled. One OG in Free Agency means 4/5 retooled. You've added some Pass Rush in the middle of Ware and Spencer on the DL in Kwane Short. You have an athletic Playmaker in the secondary with Rambo and a solid backup to Murray at RB with Zac Stacy. Goodwin adds world class speed at WR for the Boyz.
  4. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    When Romo is getting killed I don't wanna see you giving him oline excuses then. Those two defensive tackles prob wouldn't even start.
  5. dantheman41

dantheman41 Active Member

729 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    Ur smoking crack if u think Richardson wouldn't start for this team. He would be upgrade over Hatcher and Ratliff
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,552 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    While I'm all for upgrading the defensive line, I hate the idea of taking a DT in both the first and second round. Too many other good players around to do that, imo.
  7. blackbull

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Gerald mccoy as a rookie wasnt better than either guy and he was a top 5 pick. Again, if youre a Romo apologist you dont want two d lineman. Esp ones who arent even top 10 talents. Both guards are.
  8. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,527 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    Decastro was suppose to be the greatest guard prospect in the history of forever or something. How's he do last season?
  9. CowboysBravesSpurs

CowboysBravesSpurs Member

81 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I love this mock
  10. CowboysBravesSpurs

CowboysBravesSpurs Member

81 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I understand tottaly where your coming from. But look at what your saying. "Do you really want Lissemore starting when 1 of them goes down?" Well atleast we have people starting at our DT spots. Who's gonna be playing FS & G? Sounds like you want DTs for depth when we have no one that can start FS & we are in desperate need of an upgrade at online. We haven't even seen this team play in the 4-3 yet. Why are people giving up on Hatcher who has been getting better every year? & and Ratliff and finally gets to play a position that suits his body type. Hatcher has at least 3-4 years left. Ratliff 2-3 if he can stay healthy. There's no way in hell I'd go DT 1st 2 rounds. We need an upgrade at o-line & a safety. Is it so hard to think our best bet is drafting 1 DT this year, seeing how Ratliff, Hatcher, & the rookie play this year, & maybe draft another one next year if Ratliff & Hatcher are that bad?
  11. blackbull

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Me too.