1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Darnell Bing??

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by peplaw06, Jan 6, 2006.

1. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,597 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    Anyone high on this guy? I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of position he may be drafted in if he chooses to leave early... I have a feeling a lot of USC players are going to bolt since Bush/Leinart and maybe White will be leaving.

Bing is big and fast... He is a huge hitter. He's got 4 picks I believe on the season. And he has the second most kickoff returns on USC, behind Bush and has their longest return of the year, so he's fast.
  2. jbsg02

jbsg02 Active Member

1,719 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hes a strong safety
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,121 Messages
    1,285 Likes Received
    He got abused in the Texas game IMO.
  4. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,667 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Bing is likely staying.

He's already talked to the coaches about moving to RB (his positiong growing up) if Bush and White both bolt.
  5. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he is SS. we need a cover fs. everytime ive seen Bing play hes done bad, but ive only looked for him in two games, so I am sure he has had some big plays. he just does not fit here though. we need a cover safety, not another hard hitting lb/SS.
  6. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,213 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    Bing played CB early in his career. I think it's hard to judge their defensive players on this year due to starting 5 freshmen and sophomores this year. There was a game this year when they were playing 3 freshmen at LB...they were excited for this game when #55 got back from injury so he could be the veteran leader of that group...he's a sophomore....lol. Pete Carrol really had his work cut out for him on defense this year.