1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Daryl Waltrip NASCAR

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Aussie Cowboy, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Aussie Cowboy

Aussie Cowboy Member

96 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I happened to find this Youtube clip the other day when I was looking for something else and was interested to see the reaction of an American's view of the Mt Panorama circuit at Bathhurst in NSW, Australia and this cracked me up. Is this guy hamming it up or is he genuinely frightened. I'm not a huge follower of NASCAR and don't know the history but I understand he is a 3 time champion.

His reaction to me would better suit a journalist or a celebrity who had never been in a race car before. I've watched it 3 or 4 times and still laugh when I watch it.

Jenson Button took his F1 car around the circuit a couple of years ago which was fun to watch too Never before had an F1 car been driven on this track better know for V8 Supercars.

[youtube]aLDksFTXf5o[/youtube]
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
  2. Aussie Cowboy

Aussie Cowboy Member

96 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I've messed up trying to embed the youtube link.
  3. Aussie Cowboy

Aussie Cowboy Member

96 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Hooray i got it!!

4. Aussie Cowboy

Aussie Cowboy Member

96 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    For some reason he reminds me of Will Ferrell, obviously he is the inspiration for the Daryl Cartrip character in the Disney movie "Cars". I like the name Brent Mustangberger in the Cars2 movie. :)
  5. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,311 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Cool links man, that's a beast of a racetrack you ever go there? As for DW he at one time was a great racecar driver but then Dale Earnhardt came along & stole all his thunder. He was probably so freaked out because he didn't go that fast for the last 15 years of his career. V8 Supercars are bad machines, wish NASCAR was as competitive as they are.
  6. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,515 Messages
    3,819 Likes Received
    posted the first youtube for you in the OP. And Waltrip is mostly kidding I think....
  7. Aussie Cowboy

Aussie Cowboy Member

96 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    It is a beast of a track, I'd love the Australian F1 race to be held there (even if it means moving it from my home town to Bathhurst for 1 year at least) it would be amazing to see the F1 cars on Conrod straight going flat out in what effectively would be a drag race. I've never to Mt Panorama but it is on my sporting bucket list of events to attend at least once (including a Cowboys game at home one day). DW did look freaked out whether it was an act or not it is still very funny to watch.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,871 Messages
    1,758 Likes Received
    Darrell Waltrip is an idiot - always has been.
  9. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,140 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    off subject but it's amazing that drivers today could make the last 10 laps at Talladega boring. back on subject Waltrip is an idiot.
  10. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,073 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    Gotta love the Sprint Cup Cup thingy

[IMG]